U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM

12,708 posts, read 17,305,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel junky View Post
Haha sounds like montana the next town is like 2 hrs away from the base
Yes. I can remember when I was much younger out here and thought nothing of jumping in an old 4x4 pickup and traveling 100 miles to eat lunch. Age and aching bones prevents that anymore.

You know why cowboy hats are bent up on the sides? That's so three cowboys can sit side by side in a pickup truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 08:52 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,891,318 times
Quote:
My family and I will be getting out in feb of 2015 and super excited to be moving to tx.weve decided to move around Dallas for the job aspect but want to live in the country at the same time.i want a house with at least an acre of land and it seems like kaufman is the the closest to Dallas for that and to stay in our 150000 max housing price.
I'm a electrician by trade in the Air Force but I would love to work in the oil feilds.i love hard work and feeling accomplished at the end of the day that's why I love deployments haha.im certified in cpr and sabc with is like trama treatment as an instructor. I'm going to try to get a welding cert and cdl but I want to work mainly on a rig.i have no experience but I have been watching video after video on YouTube haha to get me somewhat ready.
I want to settle down where we want to live and pay on that and me travel to the job site.i really don't want to live in an oil town since we have 2 boys that will be starting school next yr.
So ill finish by saying I'll be a very proud Texas come spring of 2015
Thanks for your service so much.You are truly one of my heroes.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 PM

13 posts, read 12,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
Thanks for your service so much.You are truly one of my heroes.
Thanks I really appreciate it

Old 06-11-2014, 10:42 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,891,318 times
Quote:
Thanks I really appreciate it
Anytime and best of luck to you.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:06 AM

Forgot to add I have knowledge in air feild lighting and when I get out I will still have my secret clearance for another 4 yrs

Old 06-12-2014, 11:38 AM

16,760 posts, read 42,367,969 times
For both offshore oil rig jobs and oil field work (fracking) you might want to consider the Corpus Christi area over Dallas.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
For both offshore oil rig jobs and oil field work (fracking) you might want to consider the Corpus Christi area over Dallas.
That map is great thanks.we have family that lives in Dallas and Pittsburg so that's why we decided kaufman since it still has grass and land but still by the city and family. I'm hoping the money is good enough to afford to drive 4 to 8 hrs out.
And I think corpus christi is a little over our budget for the land I want haha

Old 06-12-2014, 01:04 PM

9,269 posts, read 9,913,464 times
Quote:
Thanks you guys for all the help so fast haha.stupid question do u guys know anyone that works for the offshore or on shore that I could talk to just to get a heads up of what the real task are just not what the online jobs says.the off shore is something I thought about too helicopters and boat rides don't scare me neither does the staying out long periods of time just means I'll have a place to stay and not worry about him rent that onshore has haha
An old friend of mine owns an oilfield electrical company. He runs onshore and offshore crews. Those guys make serious bank. I'll look for his number tonight.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
An old friend of mine owns an oilfield electrical company. He runs onshore and offshore crews. Those guys make serious bank. I'll look for his number tonight.
That would be so amazing thanks

Old 06-15-2014, 01:50 PM

I know it's a while before we move but we have decided to rent when we first get there then build a house after we get established.
Our family is 2 adults and 2 kids one starts school next yr.but we have 2 big dogs and one medium.where would be the best to start our search for a rentable house that accepts 3 dogs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas