U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:13 AM

11 posts, read 13,539 times

Advertisements

Allen, Castle Hill, Frisco, Irving, Valley Ranch, North Plano, Coppell, Flowermound ,and Frisco are VERY popular in Indians.

Surprisingly, South lake, Preston hollow, Park Cities and West Plano aren't as popular in their community so these can work for Indians who want some Indian presence but not an overwhelming majority.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:01 PM

2,315 posts, read 3,097,510 times
Many in Plano and Murphy and Richardson.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:07 PM

19 posts, read 17,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentakash View Post
Really? I thought these were hot areas?

Rakin, I've noticed your negatively slanted or outright slam posts to Indians.

I wonder how you treat your indian buyers, I hope it is not the way your posts read!
have you wondered how his indian customers treat him?

Old 06-22-2014, 08:01 PM

72 posts, read 146,065 times
Calm down people. Nothing that Rakin said was racist or showed poor character.

I've heard about couples getting out of the VR area and moving into the central and north side of Coppell for the same reason.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:31 PM

24,576 posts, read 34,272,292 times
Quote:
Great point! I hope they refuse to do business with him.

Regardless of race, one shouldn't do business with Rakin. His poor character shows in his posts.
I'm not going to speak for or of Rakin, but I know a couple of realtors and they have mentioned that their Indian clients...buying and selling...are often particularly difficult to work with. They have attributed that difficulty to cultural differences.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:02 PM

311 posts, read 371,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoytopia View Post
I've noticed that first generation Indian Americans have this tendency to follow the trend in community like herds. If one subdivision is popular then every one wants to buy in that one.

They are obsessed with new construction. You wouldn't find many in established and desirable neighborhoods like Highland Park even though schools are awesome. Only well traveled, really wealthy or second generation Indians consider older homes or areas where they don't have a size able population.
Hm, unsure if racist or racist...

Seriously, which young family (even white) can even afford anything in HP? Took a quick look on redfin, the only home I found less than $1 million is still well over $300/sqft. New construction suburbs, such as Frisco, are just as desirable and are becoming well established too, in a much more affordable $/sqft. Many young couples are struggling to find anything remotely within reason in Dallas that doesn't involve sending kids to private school or requiring a two full time working parent household to afford mortgage payments.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallahoohoo View Post

Seriously, which young family (even white) can even afford anything in HP? Took a quick look on redfin, the only home I found less than $1 million is still well over $300/sqft. New construction suburbs, such as Frisco, are just as desirable and are becoming well established too, in a much more affordable $/sqft. Many young couples are struggling to find anything remotely within reason in Dallas that doesn't involve sending kids to private school or requiring a two full time working parent household to afford mortgage payments.
bigoted maybe but how is that racist

Old 06-22-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Great point! I hope they refuse to do business with him.

Regardless of race, one shouldn't do business with Rakin. His poor character shows in his posts.
which post indicates that hes stiffs his customer particularly indians?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 PM

11 posts, read 13,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallahoohoo View Post

I was talking about my Indian American colleagues who bought million dollar homes in Castle Hills and Frisco instead of having better options and now complain about commute and schools. It wasn't a racist comment, I actually like them. They make good neighbors. Most are educated, peaceful and family oriented people with studious and mild mannered children. Most have way more equity in homes than their non Indian counterparts. I don't really care about cultural differences. I would like them more if they take more interest in their yards but that's about it.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:24 PM

250 posts, read 280,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burber View Post
have you wondered how his indian customers treat him?
We all know the answer, just talk to anybody in retail. I heard car salesmen would clear the floor whenever they see them walk in. Its not stereotype when it is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or