Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,646 times

Advertisements

Hello guys, any ideas of how I could get rid of my apartment lease? I wouldn't like to mess up my credit score by breaking my lease and the apartment complex is nice enough to let me transfer the lease to someone interested but, besides craigslist, I don't know of any other place where to reach for potential people interested.

Please don't consider this as an ad or anything. I would really like to get some ideas.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 01:26 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,403,017 times
Check with your apartment leasing company first, especially if it's a big complex. They may allow you to break if the going rate for the apartment is higher than you are paying, which is can be depending on how long you have lived there.

If they have already not offered something like this, go back later and try to talk to a different person. If you haven't lived there very long, then I'd say Craigslist or a payment plan would be the best ideas.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:36 PM

170 posts, read 262,368 times
vc4,

some people might be interested in a short lease and might be interested in your apartment. You can post in the below link. But mostly indians mights check this. But you can give a try.

Indian Roommates Dallas Fortworth Area - Rooms for rent Dallas Fortworth Area|Room to share Dallas Fortworth Area|Paying guest/PG accomodation Dallas Fortworth Area|apartment to share Dallas Fortworth Area

Thanks

Old 06-30-2014, 03:56 PM

45 posts, read 70,713 times
A lot of people have been looking for short-term leases due to gaps between selling a home and closing on a new one, or building one and selling quickly.

I'd start maybe with local colleges. In Plano, depending on which part, you could try Collin College, UTD, Richland, even Brookhaven maybe. Ask your Realtor (assuming you had one when buying) to share in their office, and maybe share with other real estate offices.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,241 times
Also most leases let you buy yourself out for 2 months rent.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,646 times
Everyone, thank you for your inputs. I had contacted my realtor and he told me he will keep it in mind if someone needs temporary housing.

I will follow up and post this in colleges and schools around Plano. That is also great advice.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,491 times
Default I might be interested

I am looking at apartments in the north Dallas suburbs right now. I might be interested in a short-term lease.

I am looking for either a 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom with a separate studio/den for an office.

And I need to be on the first floor.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:17 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Can the person taking over your lease sign for a year? Basically extending your lease date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: