Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2006, 04:16 PM

46 posts, read 192,651 times

Advertisements

Good evening to all of you, Dh and I are still waiting to hear if his company is offering him a promotion to stay in Texas. They called today and he returned the call but, hasn`t heard back from them yet. The current DM out there informed him they were in meetings all day and that they would be talking to him this weekend. The operations manager called him the other day and asked if he wanted to stay and if I had been out to visit. He told them that I was there however, he worked all weekend and we didn`t have time to look around They asked if he wanted to stay another 30 days He told them that if he would be doing what he is currently doing, he wouldn`t stay.

Hope to hear something soon. Even if they make him an offer I don`t know how we will be able to decide. We haven`t had much experience in Texas to know if it is a place we could live. I do have a question if you all don`t mind.If you were to pick an area of Texas would it be north or south of Dallas? And what cities ? I can give this much information to help perhaps...House budget not to exceed 290k, Property tax around 3500, low crime rate.........ha now thats not asking for too much yeah right .

Again thank you all that post pictures and helpful information. Terri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 11:35 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Terri - I know exactly what you are going through. My dh and I were going through something similar. We don't have to move due to his promotion, but it certainly would help him be central as he will be traveling all over the country and out of one coast or another, it is really hard.

We had to go through the weekends not knowing what was going to happen. It really is tough and nerveracking to sit and wait and sit and wait, put your life on hold, etc.

I hope that this goes by quickly and you get the decision you want.

Good luck!

Old 10-28-2006, 07:16 AM

Guingirl- Thank you for the insight. Dh and I hope to know something today. It will either be that he gets a promotion or he will be returning to Florida on Nov 8th. Either will suit me just fine. I was visiting out there last weekend. I didn`t get a chance to see much as I`m sure you have read on my posts. Since moving to Florida our lives have been on hold. My dh transfered from Pa with the same company and, like now everything was put on hold. We thought it was just a florida thing. LOL Now we are not sure. Thanks look forward to reading more posts. Guingirl, do you live in Tx?

Old 10-28-2006, 02:24 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
We are in California at the moment. While we were waiting to hear on my dh's promotion, I found this site. We spent some time in DFW area in August checking things out. We just found that everyone was so nice, it really made things so much easier to make the decision to move.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:17 PM

Good evening to all of you, Just an update on the relocation and job promotion. Well nothing was put on the table ( offer that is). So I quess Dh will be returning to Florida I quess this means that both of us aren`t moving to Texas. I think the company would like him to stay and help out but, there isn`t anything or reason for him to remain in Texas. I would like to Thank all of you for the advise and information. I really enjoyed the pictures. I will check back just to see how all of you are doing and to say Hello.

Take Care, Terri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: