Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,084 times

Advertisements

Almost two years ago, my husband passed away and I've spent all of this time incapacitated at the thought of processing everything and moving from the apartment where I nursed him till his last breath. But, I am a firm believer in putting the things you want to be true out into the universe and they become so...Therefore, it's time to openly admit that I had a major epiphany this past weekend, and the time has finally come to really and truly move forward. It's time to move, to be in a place truly my own and begin, with every ounce of my being, the new life that has been waiting on me for these past two or so years. So, I'm looking for a place...much further south...downtown/Oak Lawn/Oak Cliff (somewhere more conducive to actual living) or the vicinity...cheap...doesn't need to be big or fancy as it's just myself and Mona (Yes, must accept mid-sized dogs - 30-35lb Schnauzer mix)...preferably loft/apt/condo (as opposed to a house, but I'm open). Putting this out there in the hopes that perhaps someone knows a special gem or two that I've not discovered...has a lead, a connection...whatever comes my way. I'll even play the 'stager' game if someone knows of something on the market that needs a caretaker/live-in to keep things nice until sold.
And at the very least, if I've learned nothing else in this time of coming back to life, it's that we all need a little support to help keep us on our paths, so thank you all for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 PM

108 posts, read 307,692 times
I'm sorry for your loss. Where are you moving from? As a downtown resident, I'd recommend it. The area is becoming more livable and you're close to Uptown, Oak Cliff, and light rail service.

Craigslist often has house shares/house sitting opportunities. As far as affordable apartments, check out Lone Star Gas Lofts (LSG Lofts | Affordable Living in Downtown Dallas, TX) downtown. They're opening up another apartment complex in a historic building not far from the Farmers Market area.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
I'm not sure what your budget is, but there are some great rentals in North Oak Lawn. You definitely have to get out and explore that area, because most landlords only advertise with a sign in the yard. Bowser, Holland, Gilbert, Prescott, Herschel, and Hawthorne are great streets. That part of Oak Lawn has a great since of community, and very active. You see people walking their dogs, jogging, or heading on foot for something to eat constantly. Indio Management has a lot of sign out right now.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:01 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Where are you relocating from - are you in Texas already or coming from another state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas