Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
I've seen Fort Worth multiple times on Cops.

Along with First 48 and Dallas SWAT, I believe there is or was also a Police Women of Dallas or something show as well. You also don't see Cops in NYC either, and we all know there is plenty of crime up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawekeye2011 View Post
The reason you don't see COPS show up in NYC is because the NYPD doesn't want their rampant police brutality and not so legal actions filmed and broadcasted across the nation. Plus have you seen NYC traffic good luck having a long car chase up there lol
The city probably does not meet Langley productions requirements.The Langley productions requirement go for more action base ,car chases ,foot chases ,resist the arrest ,busting shirtless guys with dope on them.

When I was in Dallas a short time so hard to say but people seem more fashion oriented plaid shirts ,polo shirts , collar shirts, or tight t-shirt and tight jeans.Some black people did not dress as fashion oriented.Most 90% people seem more fashion oriented the plaid shirts ,polo shirts , collar shirts or tight clothing. The 10% who did not look more homeless or poor.

The Langley productions go more for the stereotypical redneck look, gangsta look ,rough look so on.

guy with no shirt on and long hair
http://global3.memecdn.com/redneck-f...e_o_870746.jpg

Guys in muscle shirt looking rough from the woods.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...66-d3ehe2b.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6...0/rednecks.jpg

I seen none of this in Dallas.I seen this more in northwest ,Missouri ,Kansas ,Florida ,Tennessee and Amarillo.

The TV show Police Women of Dallas was bit more want police really do going after people asking people for money ,public drinking ,trespassing ,low level dispute calls,driving violation ,domestic or fight with no arrest, civil dispute , homeless person ,suicide person so on.

It just that Langley productions don't show this and go for more the action base ,car chases ,foot chases ,resist the arrest ,busting shirtless guys with dope on them..

I read some where that Langley productions ride with them for 6 to 8 weeks or more for 4 to 10 episodes.The junk calls and boring service calls do not get aired.

People are more into seeing redneck , gangsta or trailer park people fighting drunk and getting arrested with dope than poor homeless guys drunk on the street or begging for money.

People more into seeing a car chases ,foot chases ,resist the arrest , fight than low level dispute calls,driving violation ,domestic or fight with no arrest made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM

235 posts, read 347,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
You guys have too much traffic to have a decent car chase.
That's for sure. No one would want to watch a car chase going at 47 miles per hour.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:45 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,463,188 times
Ummm all of those stereotypes that you listed can all be found around Dallas. Most southern portions of Dallas, but they are all there.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:46 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,463,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool1111 View Post
That's for sure. No one would want to watch a car chase going at 47 miles per hour.
On the tollway I assume.....

Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM

385 posts, read 489,040 times
Quote:
Ummm all of those stereotypes that you listed can all be found around Dallas. Most southern portions of Dallas, but they are all there.
They should film in Uptown, although public intoxication calls and a few small drug busts (cocaine) would get boring rather quickly.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Not in Dallas or Garland from what I have seen.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J800 View Post
They should film in Uptown, although public intoxication calls and a few small drug busts (cocaine) would get boring rather quickly.
Where Uptown in Fort Worth? If it is redneck or trailer park people fighting drunk with no shirt on or muscle shirt it be more interesting than poor homeless person drinking or drunk in public.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:58 PM

385 posts, read 489,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
Where Uptown in Fort Worth? If it is redneck or trailer park people fighting drunk with no shirt on or muscle shirt it be more interesting than poor homeless person drinking or drunk in public.
Dallas. Living in Uptown for the past year I've seen quite a bit of this (public intoxication calls), and the occasional bar fight every other weekend.

I've also witnessed a rich kid from my apartment complex try to scurry to the nearest ATM to give an officer a bribe in exchange for letting him go free, only to still be taken in. Wish I could have recorded the officer chase the guy.

The redneck fights are much more entertaining

Old 08-06-2014, 08:04 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin85 View Post
I was thinking today about crime in Dallas. Well, specifically about bank robberies. I moved to Plano from Los Angeles about 9 months ago and today I was in a bank branch in Murphy and I noticed how they don't have the tellers behind bullet proof glass. I also noticed the same thing a few months back in a Plano branch. In LA, if my memory is right, all banks put up bullet proof glass in front of the tellers in the early to mid 90's. What's up with that? Don't they have many bank robberies in Dallas?
Plano and Murphy are very affluent areas with little crime. Go into the city and you'll see plenty of branches that have it.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:19 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,464 times
Don't know what people are talking about regarding Police Chases. There have been some really crazy ones in this area. I'm sure those who have been here remember the bank robbers in the SUV shooting up the squad car at the 75/PGBT exit, or the flaming 18 wheeler where people were holding up signs on the freeway. There's simply a no chase policy, but that hasn't stopped the suspects from gunning it. A quick search shows a ton of wild chases in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas