U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 11:57 AM

19 posts, read 38,288 times

Advertisements

Is it essential for a woman to have big or perfectly coiffed hair and full makeup if she lives in Dallas?
Not to stereotype, although I guess it is, but many photos I have seen and women I have met from there have had that appearance.
Also, not to dis, as I was born in Texas and am proud of it, but was in diapers when I left there.
Thank you.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-30-2014, 12:15 PM

5,311 posts, read 3,741,191 times
No, it is not essential. I don't see the big, perfectly coiffed hair and full makeup in the way you describe. Some women will put on nice dresses and heels for a night out at the bars on McKinney Avenue in Uptown.

I personally like it when a woman puts effort into her appearance. But effort means different things. I can find attraction just as easily without full makeup and perfectly coiffed hair, but looking partied and strung out isn't going to attract me.

You should be you and do what you are comfortable with. If you feel confident, you will make people want to be around you.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:15 PM

256 posts, read 421,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperstarK View Post
Is it essential for a woman to have big or perfectly coiffed hair and full makeup if she lives in Dallas?
Not to stereotype, although I guess it is, but many photos I have seen and women I have met from there have had that appearance.
Also, not to dis, as I was born in Texas and am proud of it, but was in diapers when I left there.
Thank you.
Yes. There is a roving squad of checkers who will issue tickets if you are not in compliance. This being Texas, they are thinking of arming them but cooler heads are prevailing.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:17 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,800,852 times
Sounds more like the 80's than a Texas thing.

I've spent 40 yrs in Texas, only a few in Dallas but have made many trips here over the last 15 years. Our first year in Dallas was spent in the Uptown area which is known for it's young professionals and nigh life. We now reside in the Park Cities area which is known for it's affluent crowd. I'm also a photographer, have shot a few events and travel all over Texas and my wife is an esthetician. Now with that said, I haven't really seen very many woman walking about with big hair dos and full make-up. It gets hot in Texas and Dallas is no exception. That make-up make things a bit warm along with all that hair.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:33 PM

14 posts, read 16,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Sounds more like the 80's than a Texas thing.
I'd even say more of a '70s thing. The big hair thing is long over in DFW, best I can tell.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:39 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,800,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterhound View Post
I'd even say more of a '70s thing. The big hair thing is long over in DFW, best I can tell.
You could be right.

Could you image big or long hair with full make-up a couple years back when Dallas saw 50-70 days straight of 100+ degrees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: