Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:49 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Jerry sure knows how to entertain. I found it hilarious that the stadium was 60-40 SF fans on Sunday (probably because of Michael Sam right?). The Saints and Texans fans are going to own that stadium in a few weeks when they play there.
As an Atlanta native, I am used to transplanted fans in large attendance at home games. Thought it would be different here, but both times I have been to a Cowboys game (Giants, Bears) the number of fans in attendance for the opposing team was surprising. I thought Dallas was Cowboy mad come rain or shine....

Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
As an Atlanta native, I am used to transplanted fans in large attendance at home games. Thought it would be different here, but both times I have been to a Cowboys game (Giants, Bears) the number of fans in attendance for the opposing team was surprising. I thought Dallas was Cowboy mad come rain or shine....
I was born and raised here and the Cowboys have always been king of the hill here, but there've always been fan of other teams here. However, there weren't nearly as many of them then as there are now. And a lot of people who moved here kind of "converted" to rooting for the Cowboys. Nowadays, not so much.

As for Cowboys fans, there have always been diehards but a lot of people here jump off the bandwagon if they're not having a good season, just like any other city.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:03 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just to humor this article:

The guy who heads this group says that they are "like-minded individuals who feel that they need to come together and feel like they need to stand up for the deterioration of decency in American sports"

If that's the case, then he and his group should have been protesting a looooooong time ago, way before anyone said anything about gay athletes. I'm guessing he's never played a sport or been in a locker room in his entire life.

And Dallas isn't some hardcore, right-wing only city like this guy and so many others make it out to be.

But I agree with his brother. People like this dude are just attention wh*res. Nothing more.
Sounds like some ignorant homophobic fan got his panties in a twist.

I don't care about who sleeps with who, I just want someone who can play the game.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:09 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I don't care about who sleeps with who, I just want someone who can play the game.
The Cowboys appear to have a shortage of the latter this year.

(I know, says the guy who's a fan of the team that lost to the Bills).

Old 09-11-2014, 09:03 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Jerry sure knows how to entertain. I found it hilarious that the stadium was 60-40 SF fans on Sunday (probably because of Michael Sam right?). The Saints and Texans fans are going to own that stadium in a few weeks when they play there.
There are Texans fans?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
There are Texans fans?
Texans have nowhere near the following that the Cowboys do and they had a putrid season last year. Trae's just talking smack.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
He should have kept his mouth shut. Coming out will probably cost him millions in lifetime income. Of course, if championing the gay cause is more important to him, then that was his decision to make.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
He should have kept his mouth shut. Coming out will probably cost him millions in lifetime income. Of course, if championing the gay cause is more important to him, then that was his decision to make.
Ill tell you right now, life is too short to not be who you are. Money is not more valuable than that.

Two rounds with cancer and a heart attack by the age of 30 taught me that.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:27 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Ill tell you right now, life is too short to not be who you are. Money is not more valuable than that.

Two rounds with cancer and a heart attack by the age of 30 taught me that.
No argument from me about that. We should have the courage of our convictions. But a Jew probably shouldn't have run around in Nazi occupied areas yelling out "I'm a Jew!!" either. Some times keeping your mouth shut is just smart.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No argument from me about that. We should have the courage of our convictions. But a Jew probably shouldn't have run around in Nazi occupied areas yelling out "I'm a Jew!!" either. Some times keeping your mouth shut is just smart.
I agree about that, but there is quite a difference in the situations. Michael Sam's coming out didn't mean instant hard labor, torture, and eventual death. It just allowed him to lift a weight off his shoulder. People like to preach about "I don't care what people do in their bedroom" or "he should just keep it to himself", but it doesn't work like that if your gay and famous. If you're a pro athlete and gay, the second someone finds a video of you on a date or some such, its a lot harder to deal with than just coming clean about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: