Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 10:29 PM

49 posts, read 94,347 times

Advertisements

There have been multiple threads on this same topic, so apologize if y'all find this duplicate. But we are trying to decide whether to buy a new home in Coppell or Flower Mound and will really appreciate some feedback. We are looking at Chateau At Westhaven by Standard Pacific Homes or Preserve at Flower Mound/Creekside at Heritage Park in Flower Mound.

Few observations:
1. Price Points for both are the same (give or take).
2. Lot sizes are much larger in Flower Mound
3. Location of Westhaven is a little odd given that u have make a U Turn on 121 anytime you are coming from Plano/Allen/Dallas.

My questions:
1. I have checked both schools and both rate equally good. I have heard that curriculum in Coppell is a lot advanced (unto 2 grades higher when it comes to Middle/High School). Is this true? Also, are they both comparable?
2. Does it make sense to spend the same $$s in Flower Mound?

Commute wise both are more or less the same given our work locations. So the above questions will drive the decision making. Look forward to hearing from y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 09:05 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,154,716 times
Just looking at both locations I would probably choose Flower Mound. I would want a bigger lot, and it looks like the Coppell neighborhood is right off 121. I personally like the feel of Flower Mound better.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 AM

174 posts, read 396,012 times
We had a similar choice when we were home shopping. Decided on Flower Mound because overall felt the area was more diverse / more tree's / lower taxes / great schools (really no difference in schools since both are some of the best in DFW)

Have you taken a look at the Lakeside community in Flower Mound?

Old 10-16-2014, 11:12 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,435,312 times
I'm not sure how concerned I would be by this, but I do know when I bring up Flower Mound I hear about it often.

Study sheds new light on Flower Mound cancer cluster, links to gas drilling - Dallas Business Journal

Old 10-16-2014, 12:27 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,673,661 times
Look at property tax rates, too. Coppell is REALLY high!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:50 PM

49 posts, read 94,347 times
Thank you all!
@nawtanzi09, We would like to be east of 2499 due to traffic issues. So we haven't been considering Lakeside.
@Stephwin/@ChristieP, Good points!
So school quality wise, there is no difference? That is the our #1 concern.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:22 PM

159 posts, read 288,189 times
I am interested to know the same. Is Coppell school curriculum really 2 grades higher compare to others? How does it compare to Flower Mound? Hard to find much difference just by looking at STAAR scores.

I am mostly interested in the comparison of Elementary schools (i.e. Bluebonnet vs Denton Creek) between FloMo and Coppell. The high schools seems to be very comparable but not sure about the Elementary level.

Will a gifted child benefit from one or the other at the elementary level?

Would appreciate it if anyone shed some light onto this.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:37 PM

718 posts, read 1,381,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff007 View Post
I am interested to know the same. Is Coppell school curriculum really 2 grades higher compare to others? How does it compare to Flower Mound? Hard to find much difference just by looking at STAAR scores.

I am mostly interested in the comparison of Elementary schools (i.e. Bluebonnet vs Denton Creek) between FloMo and Coppell. The high schools seems to be very comparable but not sure about the Elementary level.

Will a gifted child benefit from one or the other at the elementary level?

Would appreciate it if anyone shed some light onto this.
Coppell ISD is very good , but it is not 2 grades higher , especially compare to FM. Just look at the results of NMF in both high schools in FM , those results this year were impressive. You will also get a much larger choice in houses in FM than in Coppell.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,016 times
Lake side community at flower mound is great with everything near by (schools, highways, restaurant's, parks and lake). Much newer and quitter than coppell with diverse population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: