Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 AM

447 posts, read 321,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLadyK View Post
Maybe they had an emergency and were trying to pass.
Hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Most residential streets are 30 mph, not 25. Are you sure it's 25 or you just think it's 25? Might be why you're getting honked at.
I am very sure, because when I drive into an area, the first thing I search for is speed limit.

There are four signs of SPEED limit around, she can not miss them. They all show big black 25 figure.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
Speed cameras? What would you support such fascism?
Don't over stretch it.
There are crime cameras in many residential area, and your area might have some as well. There are communities with closed gates and guards. So all these are fascism?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:38 AM

74 posts, read 170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
Please do the speed limit and not 5 mph under. The road's speed is marked appropriately for its conditions and it's not up to you to decide it's wrong. I can only imagine the line of angry drivers behind you who are going to act impulsively and dangerously to get around you. That's much more of a danger than you just driving the posted speed limit. If you're that concerned maybe driving isn't for you.
I've been driving for 30 years, I'm quite sure it is for me. That being said the street that I live on is flat and curvy, kids play, ride bikes and play basketball in the street. They don't always pay attention to what is going on around them and dash out in front of cars. While I wish parents would watch and teach their kids to not play in the street the reality is they don't. As I stated before I don't want to be the one to hit a kid. Also it post as the speed limit, it does not mean that you have to go that exact speed, it a judgement call.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:24 PM

756 posts, read 834,185 times
Unhappy Medical Insurance Scam Is More Important:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis24 View Post
I've been driving for 30 years, I'm quite sure it is for me. That being said the street that I live on is flat and curvy, kids play, ride bikes and play basketball in the street. They don't always pay attention to what is going on around them and dash out in front of cars. While I wish parents would watch and teach their kids to not play in the street the reality is they don't. As I stated before I don't want to be the one to hit a kid. Also it post as the speed limit, it does not mean that you have to go that exact speed, it a judgement call.
Unfortunately many parents do that on purpose because they think that the medical insurance scams are much more important.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:31 PM

756 posts, read 834,185 times
Post Look At All The Speeding Creatures:

The responses are just unbelievable. Don't get discouraged OP. I thought the woman that passed you in a residential area would be illegal, not driving the speed limit.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 PM

764 posts, read 1,657,121 times
Call your local police and ask them to watch the area and emphasize your concern about the number of children in the area and the speeding. If anything, they may put one of those mobile "This is Your Speed" signs along the road.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
Yes, she honked the horn twice yesterday. Within 100 feet behind me. I hope I never see this neighbor again. Not every day. If I got beeped everyday by everyone, then it must be my problem.
100 feet away? Have you considered that maybe she's honking the horn at someone she knows? If she wanted to get around you enough to honk the horn she would be a lot closer than 100' away.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:07 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
100 feet away? Have you considered that maybe she's honking the horn at someone she knows? If she wanted to get around you enough to honk the horn she would be a lot closer than 100' away.
That's what I'm thinkng! It may have absolutely nothing to do with OP.

OP, unless you can clearly see the driver's face behind you through your rearview mirror because they're following THAT closely, I doubt the "beeping" (we call it "honking" in the US) has anything to do with the other driver thinking you're going too slowly. 100' is like 2 residential houses behind you- that's a decent driving gap on a residential street! In the US, when someone is irritated with the driver in front of them, they will "tailgate" you....ie, follow so closely behind that their car looks like it's hitched to the back of yours. (This is still rude & unsafe, but it's how it plays out most times).

Old 10-23-2014, 07:04 AM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Most residential streets are 30 mph, not 25. Are you sure it's 25 or you just think it's 25? Might be why you're getting honked at.
They can honk at me all day long if I'm going 25, as 30 is too fast on a two lane residential road especially with parked cars and possible kids. The municipalities have failed by not reducing the neighborhood streets to 25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas