Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 10:48 AM

45 posts, read 52,723 times

Advertisements

I noticed that on the SAT thread, Lovejoy wasn't mentioned, though the score would put it right below Coppell's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 11:18 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,861,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJag View Post
I noticed that on the SAT thread, Lovejoy wasn't mentioned, though the score would put it right below Coppell's.
Ya' know, you could add them to the thread. Why bring it up here?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:25 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
It's the same handful of naysayers every time. None of them live here.
Wow. This crap is still going, huh?

We did a year in Lovejoy, and the kids were So Thankful to get out.

For us, we were only renting, so it was easy to get in, and then after we figured things out . . . get back out.

Folks that seem to get really burned are the folks who buy, and then wind up sort of stuck.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,869 times
Default Lovejoy

I am a mother of 5 children, 2 of them are enrolled in Lovejoy ISD and I could not be more pleased. My older 3 attended school in Rockwall . We also have had 4 of the 5 enrolled in private schools while transitioning districts. The education and one on one attention my children receive in Lovejoy is hands down far superior to what we received in Rockwall or the private school they attended. I have one son who has language processing disorders and receives services from the district. The other is being recommended for the gifted and talented program so I have seen the different aspects of those programs. The teachers are extremely helpful and attentive to my son who has the learning differences and they honestly go above and beyond what they are required to do in my opinion. I receive personal phone calls regularly updating me on his progress. My first grade son absolutely loves Lovejoy Elementary. The staff treats you like family and welcome suggestions and parental involvement.
As far as the comments of others not being in the district saying that we are small and that we should be more in line with Highland Park and Carroll, please do your research. Lovejoy is now raked 3rd in the state as you will find on Greatschools.net and School digger, both very reputable websites. Smaller doesn't always mean better. Several small districs are ranked very poorly in the state of Texas.
The superintendent, Ted Moore, is very personable and will contact you personally if you ever have a concern in the district.
I hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,861,784 times
Never heard of either Great Schools or School Digger. Went looking for info on them: According to one website, Great Schools deletes unfavorable reviews. Another website says that they edit every posting. Just sayin'
GreatSchools Reviews | Glassdoor
http://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/210370.page

Old 01-07-2015, 09:01 PM

786 posts, read 1,222,954 times
Good articles. Interesting Lovejoy's demographics almost mirror Carroll ISD exactly. I think a lot of the resentment is coming from people whose kids couldn't handle the rigor of the curriculum. My cousin went to Lovejoy back when they only had 2 elementaries & is about to finish a PhD in Neuroscience. Honestly, their secondary schools are just so new they will need a few more years to close the gap with the well-established schools they are compared with. But yeah, of course LISD is a tier above Frisco, Mckinney & many Plano schools already & will only get better as other schools could get worse in other districts in the wake of new challenges.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 PM

19,783 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
Good articles. Interesting Lovejoy's demographics almost mirror Carroll ISD exactly. I think a lot of the resentment is coming from people whose kids couldn't handle the rigor of the curriculum. My cousin went to Lovejoy back when they only had 2 elementaries & is about to finish a PhD in Neuroscience. Honestly, their secondary schools are just so new they will need a few more years to close the gap with the well-established schools they are compared with. But yeah, of course LISD is a tier above Frisco, Mckinney & many Plano schools already & will only get better as other schools could get worse in other districts in the wake of new challenges.
That last bit is a bit much as it were.

SAT Scores 2013/14:

Plano West 1726
Plano Senior 1709
Lovejoy 1650
Plano East 1639

I'm not sure how that ranks LJ as a tier above many Plano schools. Via the best objective metric available LJ beats the "least-good" Plano school by a few points.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,451 times
We are currently in Highland Park ISD and love it. However, we need to move north so we've had several meetings with the HP district (staff, teachers, etc.), asking what ISD they could recommend for our family, that would best mimic HPISD. Their overwhelming answer was Lovejoy, hands down. FWIW..

Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
We are currently in Highland Park ISD and love it. However, we need to move north so we've had several meetings with the HP district (staff, teachers, etc.), asking what ISD they could recommend for our family, that would best mimic HPISD. Their overwhelming answer was Lovejoy, hands down. FWIW..
That's interesting, considering Lovejoy has not been able to achieve the same academic successes as HP. I can see why they'd recommend it because of the one-high school model (vs the mega schools in Allen, Plano, etc), but I'd be interested to know how it really compares to HPISD once you're there. I think a school like Westlake Academy is probably a better match to HP than Lovejoy, thought it's pretty far northwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas