Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:33 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

My sister has lived in many parts of the country, including Atlanta for five years. I have visited her at all those locations multiple times. I like Atlanta, but it's no Dallas. Sis feels the same. Try it and you will see.

BTW where are you from in the 'metroplex'? I meet gung-ho, proud, friendly, interesting and interested people every day here in the City of Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 24,058 times
Default Does it have to do with better distribution of job centers

I 'd say Atlanta's corporate centers are more or less concentrated in downtown vs., Dallas spread out all through the metroplex. Could this be the reason..?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:46 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
My sister has lived in many parts of the country, including Atlanta for five years. I have visited her at all those locations multiple times. I like Atlanta, but it's no Dallas. Sis feels the same. Try it and you will see.

BTW where are you from in the 'metroplex'? I meet gung-ho, proud, friendly, interesting and interested people every day here in the City of Dallas.
I live in Arlington, which to me is the suburban pits. I work near downtown Dallas off Market Center. I hope to move to Dallas sometime here soon. I really love the city. I just see so much for it and I guess I get a little envious of Atlanta because like I said it seems like so much is going on for them. I want Dallas to succeed and I hope that I can add to that urbanism.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:06 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,269,575 times
Why does Atlanta have more skyscrapers than Dallas? Because people get on City-Data.com and only hear "move to Frisco, Allen or McKinney!" So "Dallas" becomes relentless suburban sprawl.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,084 times
Dallasites lacking pride in their city? That's a new one to me. Maybe the problem is you're living in Arlington. If you move closer in, you may find it's a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
Why does Atlanta have more skyscrapers than Dallas? Because people get on City-Data.com and only hear "move to Frisco, Allen or McKinney!" So "Dallas" becomes relentless suburban sprawl.
I agree! Same goes for Houston. It's annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas