Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2006, 07:18 PM

63 posts, read 366,917 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me any information on Denton? Seen quite a few new homes for sale up there. Any input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 06:22 AM

827 posts, read 5,078,454 times
Barry, type in Denton on the "search this forum" in the posts on Texas. Not up in the Dallas thread, but down with the rest of the Texas threads. There is quite a bit on Denton. It has some really nice homes and good shopping. The downside is it is very congested with traffic and you will sit in traffic a lot. There isn't enough roads for all the cars. Drugs are also very bad there. It does have some really nice areas though to live. You might also look at Ponder, Aubrey or Sanger for great small towns to live near Denton.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:23 PM

63 posts, read 366,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
Barry, type in Denton on the "search this forum" in the posts on Texas. Not up in the Dallas thread, but down with the rest of the Texas threads. There is quite a bit on Denton. It has some really nice homes and good shopping. The downside is it is very congested with traffic and you will sit in traffic a lot. There isn't enough roads for all the cars. Drugs are also very bad there. It does have some really nice areas though to live. You might also look at Ponder, Aubrey or Sanger for great small towns to live near Denton.
Thanks for the info - really appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:27 PM

487 posts, read 467,007 times
We relocated here from Asheville NCarolina...it was hard to come from lush green mountains to the plains. Settled just east of Denton. Denton is pretty cool! UNT, TWU, music, theatre, bowling, biking, hiking and Drug Emporium (Best Prices for Organics, Homepathics and Kombucha) Also getting plenty of Medical Facilities. DART Train goes to Dallas or DFW via Carrollton. There is a State Park on 380 (East of Denton) that trails to Lake Ray Roberts. Denton is a best kept secret around here...but it looks like the secret is getting out! The 288 loop is a 7 lane and SUPER easy to get around. They are expanding the lanes around TWU and UNT during peak traffic it's busy EVERYWHERE here, regardless of where you live. NOTHING like the 405 in LA though....I can walk faster there!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoDeb View Post
We relocated here from Asheville NCarolina...it was hard to come from lush green mountains to the plains. Settled just east of Denton. Denton is pretty cool! UNT, TWU, music, theatre, bowling, biking, hiking and Drug Emporium (Best Prices for Organics, Homepathics and Kombucha) Also getting plenty of Medical Facilities. DART Train goes to Dallas or DFW via Carrollton. There is a State Park on 380 (East of Denton) that trails to Lake Ray Roberts. Denton is a best kept secret around here...but it looks like the secret is getting out! The 288 loop is a 7 lane and SUPER easy to get around. They are expanding the lanes around TWU and UNT during peak traffic it's busy EVERYWHERE here, regardless of where you live. NOTHING like the 405 in LA though....I can walk faster there!
It's been ELEVEN years since the original post so I'm pretty sure OP figured it out by now.

Check the dates before you post....

Old 04-20-2017, 11:00 PM

The post was on page one....maybe people would like info on Denton at this time. We should always try to help each other, regadless of when the original post appeared.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:19 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,570,917 times
I don't get the hate of updating old threads. Better than making a new one for the same 10 questions that get asked repeatedly. Plus it seems informative to see how opinions may have changed over time.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoDeb View Post
The post was on page one....maybe people would like info on Denton at this time. We should always try to help each other, regadless of when the original post appeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
I don't get the hate of updating old threads. Better than making a new one for the same 10 questions that get asked repeatedly. Plus it seems informative to see how opinions may have changed over time.
We should try to help each other, I agree. However, if you take the advice given in post #2 (use the search forum to read the many other threads about Denton), there are over 400 threads about Denton already on this forum. Then, posters can come back and start their own threads with questions about their specific situation - ie, "new job in Denton working at XYZ. Have elementary aged kids. What are pros and cons of living in Denton vs the smaller towns outside Denton, specifically Aubrey which seems nice. Budget is $225k and under.". This usually helps posters get better and more helpful info.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:42 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,570,917 times
I'd imagine Eco found this thread via search. Then added relevant information for the next person that searches for Denton.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:59 AM

I did not search anything the list pops up and this post was on page 1, from my perspective looks like a new post. Again, having moved here 16 years ago just helping people who are new to the area and might have questions...just trying to be a good person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas