Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 01:25 PM

23 posts, read 20,118 times

Advertisements

I have dental insurance, but when I visited a dentistry in plano they gave me a very hefty estimate which is way beyond my dental insurance.

I want to know if there is a dental clinic which is known to be cost efficient

It can be anywhere in Dallas but the preferred location would be Plano.

I don't want to visit dentistry which jack up the prices like anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 04:00 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishes View Post
I have dental insurance, but when I visited a dentistry in plano they gave me a very hefty estimate which is way beyond my dental insurance.

I want to know if there is a dental clinic which is known to be cost efficient

It can be anywhere in Dallas but the preferred location would be Plano.

I don't want to visit dentistry which jack up the prices like anything.
What kind of work, and what was the amount quoted? It's very easy to burn through your dental insurance with major reconstructive procedures like root canals and crowns.

Also, was the estimate part of a multi-year treatment plan or was the dentist pressuring you to have all of the work done at once?

After living abroad for many years where dental care is expensive AND the quality is hit or miss, I needed a lot of major expensive work done. It took five years to have it all done and I maxed out my dental benefits all of those five years. In fact, I've maxed them out every year since. The initial estimate was for nearly $8,000. Dental insurance covered a good deal of it, but most dental insurance will pay a maximum of 50% of root canals and crowns and 80% of minor reconstructive work like fillings.

However, the dentist I saw had me on a five-year treatment plan where she performed the most urgent procedures first and worked with me to figure out what could wait in order to minimize the damage from further decay. It worked very well. (Sadly, that dentist has retired.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: