Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 08:26 PM

3 posts, read 15,108 times

Advertisements

After living in CA for over 33 years, my husband and I have decided to relocate our family. We have been considering Texas for years now and finally taking a step forward and moving. We are selling our home and moving to the LONESTAR state. Our only problem is deciding which DFW metroplex area is the best city to live in. I have looked at McKinney, Frisco, Allen and Plano but still can't figure out which cities have the best schools. I need some feed back from people who have left CA and relocated to TX. Where do you live now, how long did it take to find work, what do you like best about the city you live in? Any help and advise is greatly appreciated please. We are looking to move this summer around June..

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta408 View Post
After living in CA for over 33 years, my husband and I have decided to relocate our family. We have been considering Texas for years now and finally taking a step forward and moving. We are selling our home and moving to the LONESTAR state. Our only problem is deciding which DFW metroplex area is the best city to live in.
We need more information.
//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...-should-i.html

I have looked at McKinney, Frisco, Allen and Plano but still can't figure out which cities have the best schools.
This topic has been discussed/debated/answered multiple times. Did you search the forum?

Best public school district is Highland Park ISD, followed by Plano ISD.

I need some feed back from people who have left CA and relocated to TX. Where do you live now, how long did it take to find work,
I would not relocate here without a job.

what do you like best about the city you live in? Any help and advise is greatly appreciated please. We are looking to move this summer around June..
check the link above

Thanks.
Budget and job location are needed

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 01-20-2015 at 08:43 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 09:32 PM

3 posts, read 15,108 times
Ronnie,

Thank you for the above links. I will check them out and hopefully make a decision.

Laura

Old 01-21-2015, 04:36 AM

11,852 posts, read 26,854,435 times
2nd that we need to know where your job will be located and what budget will be for housing.
Do not move here without a job.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 AM

419 posts, read 552,956 times
Commute/job location, budget, and available time for house hunting all play a factor. I would recommend picking a city and school you think would be the best fit and leasing in that attendance zone.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:08 PM

179 posts, read 284,661 times
What part of the SF Bay Area are you from? I moved to Dallas 4 years ago from Danville.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:47 PM

25 posts, read 32,825 times
Hi,

We moved from Santa Clara to DFW a year ago, after alot of thinking of staying in Dallas vs back to CA we decided to stay in Texas.

There are alot of mixed feelings and the most we miss is the nature and views in the bay area however the value and life standard is way better in TX and at least we could have enough savings to travel where we want couple of times a year.

We stayed in Richardson for some time and we are looking to buy in Allen currently, I personally like north Plano and east Allen areas, very clean and neat, exemplary schools and all houses and buildings are relatively new which gives you a nice modern feeling. The rest of Allen is also good.

Good luck with the move. I miss the bay area but honestly I wouldn't go back to live there again if I want to raise a family.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:10 AM

25 posts, read 32,825 times
Sorry I meant north Plano and West Allen, however I'd still say the all of Allen is nice, just the West is more developed than the East.

Good luck

Old 01-22-2015, 07:42 AM

26 posts, read 40,426 times
Moved from SF proper just over a year ago. Live in Las Colinas but just bought a house in Grapevine. My wife was transferred, but I had job interviews before I even quit my job in the East Bay and landed a job the first week I was out here. If you are selling a house in the Bay area, buying a house out here should be no problem, although good houses go FAST, so be prepared to make an offer same day if you like the house, because if you don't, someone else will.

Good luck.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:53 PM

57 posts, read 85,370 times
Sorry I didn't read the rest of the thread.

Richardson, TX
I had a job that relocated me when I moved here. I went job hunting late 2013 - early 2014 and it took me 7ish months to find a new job in my STEM field.
My thoughts and feelings on Texas are pretty well documented. In short, I want to get out of this state as fast as I can. If you have daughters and are at all progressive, please do not force them to move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas