Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM

7,885 posts, read 11,327,066 times

Advertisements

I think this move by liberty mutual is likely but by not wanting to talk about the company and mayor suggest their are still open issues to finalize before it is fully approved. If this happens as seems highly likely by no denial from either the mayor or company, it's awesome news for this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 AM

62 posts, read 142,810 times
The latest:

Liberty Mutual Insurance in talks to lease big Plano office block | Dallas Morning News

Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,646,884 times
Funny. Its not finalized? Hmm.
We have seen a few of the employess in town previewing the new home builders a few weeks ago. The one my partner met wasnt moving fo ahwile but they were still looking.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Last report in dmn yesterday quotes a LM source saying not building a big complex for thousands of new employees but leasing part of vacated former citi or capital one space on west side of NDT north of Parker. They indicated a few hundred customer service or call center types are offered moved here..... Not high pay in that side of the business. Still nice to find a client for some of that empty space before too much more is built.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:35 PM

Confirmation in DMN:

Liberty Mutual confirms it’s bringing 5,000 jobs to new Plano campus | | Dallas Morning News

Old 04-07-2015, 03:10 PM

Awesome news. The growth pace of jobs and campuses is amazing. That intersection is exploding a couple of miles along each quadrant.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:57 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,490,477 times
I just hope the infrastructure can accommodate it all - housing, roads, water, etc. But it's a great problem to have!

Old 04-07-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
I just hope the infrastructure can accommodate it all - housing, roads, water, etc. But it's a great problem to have!
I agree. As good as Plano are with their infrastructure it is definitely going to be a challenge to accommodate all of this new traffic. If you combine this and the shopping, restaurants, hotel and urban living that are planned next to it with the already busy Shops at Legacy and corporations close by.......its going to be a massive challenge.

Combine this with the 5 Billion Golden Mile of Frisco on the Dallas Tollway corridor just north, the new car dealerships that are going up as we speak south of it, the new opening nearby in the Colony of Nebraska FM (and all the other businesses that will be attracted there because of it) and the abundance of vacant land around there that is just waiting to be developed and you could be looking at the emergence of the next urban center to rival that of Uptown Dallas in a few years. What would it be called? Uptown Planysco??? Friplany???

Old 04-07-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC74 View Post
I agree. As good as Plano are with their infrastructure it is definitely going to be a challenge to accommodate all of this new traffic. If you combine this and the shopping, restaurants, hotel and urban living that are planned next to it with the already busy Shops at Legacy and corporations close by.......its going to be a massive challenge.

Combine this with the 5 Billion Golden Mile of Frisco on the Dallas Tollway corridor just north, the new car dealerships that are going up as we speak south of it, the new opening nearby in the Colony of Nebraska FM (and all the other businesses that will be attracted there because of it) and the abundance of vacant land around there that is just waiting to be developed and you could be looking at the emergence of the next urban center to rival that of Uptown Dallas in a few years. What would it be called? Uptown Planysco??? Friplany???
I recommend it be called CC center! For Collin county center.

Someone told me half the office construction in the metro was in this corridor. Also,told me office construction now was 50% more than a year ago.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:12 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,490,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC74 View Post
If you combine this and the shopping, restaurants, hotel and urban living that are planned next to it with the already busy Shops at Legacy and corporations close by.......its going to be a massive challenge.
Don't forget the newcomers will filter into other areas as well - the entire (or a solid majority of the) Metroplex will be hosting many more people in the next couple years! I love the growth happening here, but there has to be some kind of planning that goes hand-in-hand with luring corporations and their employees here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: