Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 12:44 AM

7 posts, read 24,668 times

Advertisements

I moved to the DFW area a few years ago. I am having a hard time finding a location that has black people or that has a nice mix. I noticed Arlington is diverse but what other areas offer good amount of blacks or diversity? I am a single female age range of 20-25. What are the best place you suggest I start looking? I have looked in Plano and Las Colinas and those areas do not seem diverse enough.

Also, I've heard that the Dallas nightlife is not great. I haven't had much luck with it either. Where are nice clubs, lunges, bars that I can go to that have an age range of 21-30? I've tried some clubs but the nights I went it seemed to be a much older crowd or (back when beamers was open the 18+ crowd).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 06:01 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,571,354 times
You're having a hard time finding black people in DFW? WTF?

Old 02-10-2015, 06:41 AM

179 posts, read 284,741 times
Well for starters, try Dallas instead of LC and Plano. Check out Greenville Ave (between Mockingbird and Ross). Plenty of nightlife, great food and atmosphere with diverse crowds. Also check out the Bishop Arts and South Side districts.

Last edited by Kosmonova; 02-10-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 02-10-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
I know there's blacks in Dallas but I don't want to have to move to South Dallas to be around more of my people. It’s not close to my job. My job is close to the Frisc/Plano area and there isn't as many blacks that live in that area.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmonova View Post
Well for starters, try Dallas instead of LC and Plano. Check out Greenville Ave (between Mockingbird and Ross). Plenty of nightlife, great food and atmosphere with diverse crowds. Also check out the Bishop Arts and South Side districts.
Thanks. I'm looking for nice areas to live also that is diverse. Plano and LC are close to my jobs but living in both areas I've noticed it isn't very diverse. I have been told not to move to North Dallas for these reasons also. I'll check out those areas you mentioned, but I have family that's from here who have told me to get into diverse areas i need to move to south dallas or arlington/grandprairie/ft worth but i still dont know what areas to look into within these towns. Also many people have said dallas nightlife isn't that great. So far I've tried zouk, synn, park ave, shark bar and etc but I know it has to be more places to choose from such as lounges that cater to my age group.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:02 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl678 View Post
I know there's blacks in Dallas but I don't want to have to move to South Dallas to be around more of my people. It’s not close to my job. My job is close to the Frisc/Plano area and there isn't as many blacks that live in that area.
Then you just answered your own question.....you're going to have to venture closer to where "your people" reside to be around more of them. Whether that means moving or just going for a week closer to central and south Dallas, that's completely up to you.

You need to check out uptown. Just not KungFu Saloon.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:36 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,407,464 times
Quote:
So far I've tried zouk, synn, park ave, shark bar and etc but I know it has to be more places to choose from such as lounges that cater to my age group.
Try Sunset Lounge off Ross across from 3 sheets

Old 02-10-2015, 08:40 AM

244 posts, read 405,436 times
Try a volunteer project instead of a bar. When I've volunteered for Habitat for Humanity, the groups were always more diverse than any bar.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:42 AM

179 posts, read 284,741 times
Quote:
Thanks. I'm looking for nice areas to live also that is diverse. Plano and LC are close to my jobs but living in both areas I've noticed it isn't very diverse. I have been told not to move to North Dallas for these reasons also. I'll check out those areas you mentioned, but I have family that's from here who have told me to get into diverse areas i need to move to south dallas or arlington/grandprairie/ft worth but i still dont know what areas to look into within these towns. Also many people have said dallas nightlife isn't that great. So far I've tried zouk, synn, park ave, shark bar and etc but I know it has to be more places to choose from such as lounges that cater to my age group.
Check out Nylo in South Side on Lamar. That whole area is great.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,298,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
I have actually noticed this as well. I went to school in Chicago and there used to be a multitude of high end restaurants/bars that catered to AA crowd. These are very nice places where a couple or group of single people might go and get drinks and stay for dinner. In Dallas, especially North Dallas, I am not familiar with any similar places, save Pappadeaux. If you go down the list of the top 100 restaurants in Dallas per D Mag, you will find a ton of white, some Asian and a few Indian individuals every evening at those places, but very few AA individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas