Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 PM

190 posts, read 288,163 times

Advertisements

We've been busy touring various new build communities in Frisco & Allen over this week and we've narrowed down our choices to these two options:

1. Building in Lawler Park 75s, Frisco
2. Buying a spec home in Star Creek 65, Allen

As I work from home and the wife doesn't plan to work anytime soon, commute isn't an issue for me. Our main concerns are resale (5-10 yrs) and elementary schools (we have an 8 month old).

We really liked the surrounding areas of the star creek. Lots of shopping and restaurants within very short distance. But I'm not too thrilled about the rear garages. And the elementary school seems a bit far from the community.

OTOH, I love the fact the Lawler Park has elementary within the community. It's also closer to the legacy corridor than Star Creek. But there's not much going on in the immediate surrounding areas in terms of shopping, restaurants.

If we do build in the Lawler Park, the price will be very close to our upper budget. Star Creek would be 50k-100k lower than that. But we're happy to pay the premium if the resale prospects are better.

Any thoughts? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 11:43 AM

168 posts, read 274,415 times
I live in Star Creek in phase 1. I thought the rear garages were strange at first, because they are not common where I moved from. I like them now. I assume you are looking on the east side of Star Creek since you are looking at new build. If so, I know the elementary school (Cheatham) seems distant, but it's not really. We are on the west side, so zoned to Lindsey. Cheatham is 1.5 miles from my house, and Lindsey is 2.1 miles. Plus, you have at least 4 years before school, and we could be rezoned again. Folks on my side that moved in when the neighborhood opened are on their 3rd elementary school. Rezonings are even worse in Frisco from what I hear. I've been here 2.5 years and love it. I looked in Frisco too, but I like Allen better and didn't want to commute on the toll road. We go to Frisco quite often to try different restaurants, visit the Apple store, etc. and to me, the traffic seems worse. It may just be my perception and the fact that I know all the back roads around here though.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:51 AM

718 posts, read 1,388,838 times
You cannot go wrong with both options.Both are great development. Pick the place that feels the most comfortable for you. As for retails and restaurants, I don't see much difference between the two, I live exactly half way form both places, and I wouldn't move to any other place. Frisco is growing and developping, and it has already changed so much in a few years. Personnely , I would give Lawler Park an edge , since people that have moved there seem to be very happy with their choice and also I do prefer the size of the schools in Frisco , but that is a personal choice.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:58 PM

bamaintex & Souleiado, thanks for your replies!

We had liked two Darling spec homes in the Star Creek. But we ended up discarding them after the 2nd visit. One of them had very small kitchen for a 3700 sq ft house. And the other house's living room was overlooking the garage of the property on the other side. When we visited, their garage was open for a while, and I felt the view out of the living room was hideous due to that. Attaching the picture here.

Also, turns out Darling raised the Lawler Park 75 prices again. The floorplan we liked is around 4000 sq ft. at $575k. It feels way overpriced. And after doing some more research, I'm leaning more towards west frisco because of all the planned/upcoming developments (wade park, canals at grand park, grand park, cowboy project).

So, we're back to square one here
Attached Thumbnails
Lawler Park Frisco vs Star Creek Allen-living.jpg  

Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 PM

953 posts, read 1,829,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
bamaintex & Souleiado, thanks for your replies!

We had liked two Darling spec homes in the Star Creek. But we ended up discarding them after the 2nd visit. One of them had very small kitchen for a 3700 sq ft house. And the other house's living room was overlooking the garage of the property on the other side. When we visited, their garage was open for a while, and I felt the view out of the living room was hideous due to that. Attaching the picture here.

Also, turns out Darling raised the Lawler Park 75 prices again. The floorplan we liked is around 4000 sq ft. at $575k. It feels way overpriced. And after doing some more research, I'm leaning more towards west frisco because of all the planned/upcoming developments (wade park, canals at grand park, grand park, cowboy project).

So, we're back to square one here
Wade park and the $5Bn mile is east frisco closer to preston rd.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:17 PM

179 posts, read 284,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
Wade park and the $5Bn mile is east frisco closer to preston rd.
Ummm no. West Frisco. The $5B Mile is the amount of construction along the DNT.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:44 PM

35 posts, read 95,978 times
I was in the same spot few months back deciding between east or west frisco. I decided on East Frisco(Richwoods) based on proximity to hwy access(both 121 & DNT), access to legacy area, access to Richardson and access to future Wade park.
Wade park is on the right side of the DNT on the northbound, it is much easy to access from east Frisco than crossing the DNT.
But 5B Mile is not much far from either side, but I think if you are closer to Hwy(121 or DNT), it will be easy access.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:57 PM

Sorry to start the west v/s east debate! I have nothing against east frisco, but I think wade park is more easily accessible from the parts west side (cotton gin road, diamond point lane) we're considering even though it's on the other side of the DNT.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM

953 posts, read 1,829,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
Sorry to start the west v/s east debate! I have nothing against east frisco, but I think wade park is more easily accessible from the parts west side (cotton gin road, diamond point lane) we're considering even though it's on the other side of the DNT.
There is no point in creating a debate. Wade park has a very access through lebanon through east anyways. However, $5Bn is a great investment in frisco... Hope to see a major company relocation soon.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,905,897 times
I don't think its overpriced, Richwoods and Lawler park have such great access to 121/75 and the tollway. You wont hit any of the school zones at points north of main. Resale is going to be great, access to west frisco is also a breeze. Personally speaking as much as love living in the middle of it, I am kind of glad to be on the plano/McKinney/allen/ corner of the last exit on frisco....its not to retail on this teeny corner. You may like Liberty crossing up the road, that's a super cute new community as well all khov. Darling in Lawler is a great product..did you look at the highland plans in lawler? I think their lot premiums are higher..but not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas