U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 09:53 AM

21 posts, read 88,551 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anyone could provide approximate drive times from Las Colinas to downtown Fort Worth? Probably leaving Las Colinas at 6am and returning around 6pm - 7pm.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 10:53 AM

10,506 posts, read 22,349,778 times
I used to commute from Grapevine to downtown Fort Worth, and my commute in the morning (leaving at 7 AM) was 45 minutes, and returning home at 5:30 was another 45 minutes. Honestly, if you're going to Las Colinas, I'd add another 30 minutes to get through the interchange at the North end of DFW airport and down south to 114, so I'd say 1 hour and 15 minutes each way. Oh, and keep in mind that the interchange at DFW will be undergoing reconstruction for the next 5 years starting sometime in 2008, which will further delay you.

I'd pick somewhere closer to Fort Worth to live...

Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 AM

4,185 posts, read 14,033,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz722 View Post
Was wondering if anyone could provide approximate drive times from Las Colinas to downtown Fort Worth? Probably leaving Las Colinas at 6am and returning around 6pm - 7pm.

Thanks
You don't necessarily have to take 635 to 114 which is a horrible interchange... you can take the bush down to 183 west (most traffic will be going east to Dallas) to 121.

When I take it during non-peak hours from Las Colinas to The Worthington downtown it's usually 30 minutes so I would say at 6am add an additional 15-25.

Returning after 630pm shouldn't take that long.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 PM

69 posts, read 421,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz722 View Post
Thanks
Las Colinas is the name of a office/residential complex in the city of Irving. There is a train that goes from Irving to Downtown Fort Worth that is very comfortable and quiet. I'd recommend it for this trip:

Trinity Railway Express (TRE)

You can get sleep, or work done instead of sitting in traffic losing brain cells. Also when you look at the true costs, it is much, much cheaper than driving unless you're doing some serious carpooling.

Jason

Old 01-16-2008, 01:21 AM

6,848 posts, read 10,670,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDFW View Post
Las Colinas is the name of a office/residential complex in the city of Irving.
Not quite! Las Colinas is a complete master-planned community in North Irving.

See: The Las Colinas Association

Quote:
There is a train that goes from Irving to Downtown Fort Worth that is very comfortable and quiet. I'd recommend it for this trip:
Trinity Railway Express (TRE)

While the TRE runs from west-east/east-west from/to downtown Ft. Worth to downtown Dallas, the two stops in Irving are in West Irving and South Irving, which are seven and six miles respectively from Las Colinas in North Irving, which makes it an inconvenient alternative at best (Dart Rail station in Las Colinas is still 2+ yrs out).

See:
Trinity Railway Express (TRE) West Irving Station and
Trinity Railway Express (TRE) South Irving Station.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-16-2008 at 01:29 AM..

Old 01-16-2008, 10:25 AM

69 posts, read 421,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
While the TRE runs from west-east/east-west from/to downtown Ft. Worth to downtown Dallas, the two stops in Irving are in West Irving and South Irving, which are seven and six miles respectively from Las Colinas in North Irving, which makes it an inconvenient alternative at best (Dart Rail station in Las Colinas is still 2+ yrs out).
Yes, my point is you could move south, still live in the same city (Irving), and live close to the rail station.

I don't know what the orange line has to do with this as I don't think it'd help in such a commute.

Jason

Old 04-18-2009, 11:03 AM

8 posts, read 28,041 times
Redevelopment of the area around the South Irving train station is underway. This is a "Transportation Oriented Development" and the station may be renamed Heritage District.

New condos will be available in late 2010 within walking distance of the station. The Trinity Railway Express is great transportation to Dallas and Fort Worth and points in between. It has two stations in Irving.

The Orange Line light rail construction has begun. Anticipated finish date may be about 2013. The Orange Line will through the area of redevelopment of Texas Stadium, North Lake College, the DFW airport and connect to Downtown Dallas. It will not connect to Fort Worth.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:34 PM

36,664 posts, read 40,737,503 times
The New George Bush toll road to 183 to 121 downtown Ft Worth --- You should be able to drive 60 - 65 mph pretty easy since you'll be going against the traffic.

It should be about a 20-25 mile trip that you can do in 30 minutes. I used to go from Coppell to FW which is a little farther and it's a pretty easy trip.

You'll like Las Colinas. I'm building a new home there and downsizing from Coppell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas