Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:12 PM

7,885 posts, read 11,340,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I lived in Dallas for 25 years and sold real estate up there for almost 9 of those, so I think I'm able to speak with educated information about the area, and I said in my first post, MUDs are very rare in the Dallas area because they plan for their development and growth. Much of Houston, as well as Austin, did not plan well enough for it.

Also, as I stated previously, there is no MUD in Bee Cave, only a water district. Yes, there are MUDs, different MUDs throughout several different sections of Lakeway.
MUDs are rare in Dallas because there is rarely any land that is not in a city already. It has little to do with planning by the city since most(95%)+ of Houston MUDs are not in a city limit when created. You have failed to give an example of a mud in Austin city limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 02:32 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,716,681 times
Thanks for your response

The point I'm trying to make is here in the Houston area we will get a new MPC within city limits and still have a MUD. Not only will you be paying city taxes, but you'll be paying MUD taxes as well. Here's an example New Home Community Katy | Falls at Green Meadows | New Homes in Katy, TX is a MPC located within the city of Katy tx. with an overall tax rate of 3.7%.(this is common practice down here)

I'm wondering how is it that other Texas cities can do this without a MUD?

It's almost like folks(home buyers) here in Houston are brainwashed and seem to accept MUD's within city limits.

Last edited by usc619; 03-17-2015 at 03:52 AM..

Old 03-17-2015, 06:22 AM

7,885 posts, read 11,340,656 times
Not a good deal as you point out. Katy as a town can be rather backward. This change of use from golf course to MPC must be more than they will pay to provide all city services. Run don't walk away from this high tax disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas