Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 12:43 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times

Advertisements

A quick question. I need to find an apartment/townhouse/condo in Dallas, probably in or near the Park Cities. I see that there are a good number of apartment locators in the area. And of course, there are traditional real estate agents that we can engage to show us apartments.

What's the difference between those two? Is it just a matter of specialization? I would imagine that apartment locators must hold a valid real estate license.

If anybody has used a locator, I would love to hear your experiences too.

Thanks everyone.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 03:29 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,662,425 times
I used one(a apartment locator) when I moved back to TX. He did a really good job of providing me areas to look. He also gave me a small rebate after I moved in.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:09 PM

76 posts, read 92,737 times
I used a locator service, I would recommend it. Not all apartment locators are the same though, do a search on yelp and pick one with good reviews. The person I dealt with was very helpful, going to the apartments I was interested in and taking photos and videos for me. Oftentimes they also know about special rates or promotions that the apartment complex may not advertise on their website.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM

436 posts, read 580,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
A quick question. I need to find an apartment/townhouse/condo in Dallas, probably in or near the Park Cities. I see that there are a good number of apartment locators in the area. And of course, there are traditional real estate agents that we can engage to show us apartments.

What's the difference between those two? Is it just a matter of specialization? I would imagine that apartment locators must hold a valid real estate license.

If anybody has used a locator, I would love to hear your experiences too.

Thanks everyone.

Mick
I highly recommend using an apartment locator. I have used them a couple of times, their services are free. Using one can help you save time. The link they send you with apartments that fit your criteria is similar to what a realtor would send you if you were buying a home. I have had great experiences. They can suggest properties that you might not have known about. The apartment locators I used didn't show me the properties, they did searches based on my preferences and both times we were successful in finding a suitable place. I don't know the difference between using a real estate agent and an apartment locator to find an apartment as I have only used the apartment locator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas