Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 07:34 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,406,060 times

Advertisements

Are the neighborhoods quiet and peaceful? Most of all safe? And not necessarily rich but having some wealth to spare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 PM

786 posts, read 1,223,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
Are the neighborhoods quiet and peaceful? Most of all safe? And not necessarily rich but having some wealth to spare?
Yes, I would consider Farmers Branch safe. They have a strong police presence there, and I would venture to say the majority of neighborhoods I've been to there seem quiet. Farmers Branch is actually really well located in Dallas, and I think that'll make it a candidate for gentrification in a lot of the neighborhoods with housing stock that can sustain that. It's actually already happening with new builds in established neighborhoods there. I personally think the area immediately surrounding Brookhaven Country Club is nice. I don't care for the area further East toward 35, which becomes more commercial. The only negative in my opinion is CFB ISD not being the strongest for school aged children. However, I am really picky about schools, so I'm sure for some it's fine.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:58 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,593 times
I have a single, childless friend that lives there and I've never felt unsafe while visiting him, even when leaving his place at late hours. Most of his neighbors are older and his neighborhood is quiet. Some of the houses haven't been maintained that well (most were built in the 60s and 70s I think), but overall most are fine. He lives really close to the country club and it is a pretty area. He has great access to several highways and he can drive to Addison very quickly, which is great for a single guy.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:09 PM

380 posts, read 368,358 times
I think it's a mix. Some areas look really old and worn. But the city as a whole has beautiful landscaping and parks. My brother in law lives in the neighborhood by Brookhaven and I really like that area. Big yards, good-sized houses, and most are well kept up. There are even starting to be some teardowns. If I hadn't preferred to be in RISD I would have moved into that neighborhood in a heartbeat.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,000 times
Very quaint, safe and quiet. Feels rather homey. The housing stock tends to consist of older, ranch style homes with modest yards. Lots of trees. Don't get a speeding ticket in that area though. Because it's a whopping $200 fine. I was only doing 40 in a 30 mph. Farmer's Branch don't play!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:33 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,406,060 times
Thanks everyone! I also am wondering: for those of you fairly familiar with Houston and surroundings, what other town (or section of Houston itself) in Greater Houston is Farmers Branch most like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas