Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 PM

170 posts, read 262,303 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I bought few wall decors and not sure what type of nails or instruments to use to hang them to the wall. I tried to see some articles and video's, but still confused and don't want to spoil the wall. Do we have any companies that does this job? Appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 10:38 PM

142 posts, read 213,959 times
Hire a handyman.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomfielding View Post
Hire a handyman.
where can I find them?

Old 04-07-2015, 07:21 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestUser1 View Post
where can I find them?
Yellow pages, Angie's List, Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, ask a friend, ask a neighbor.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yellow pages, Angie's List, Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, ask a friend, ask a neighbor.
Thank you I got one reference from friend. But that person is saying if needed we may have to go to homedepot and he charges per hour. I am not comfortable as I may have to spend time in going to homedepot at that time and still pay him per hour. So checking the other options. I am not in facebook and twitter. I will try to find from yellow pages and angie's list. Also in google found some references. I will call them and update here once I complete the job.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 AM

205 posts, read 334,141 times
May be if you can post some pictures, someone here can point you in the right direction.

Even if you are not handy and wont be able to install them, it doesn't cost anything to post pictures of the wall decor.

This could be your first step to start installing and fixing small stuff around the house

-- Nemi

Old 04-07-2015, 08:23 AM

446 posts, read 845,994 times
+1, Idk why you'd hire someone to hang something unless it's in a really high place or a massive piece. What is confusing you on the tutorials that you've seen online?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:53 AM

sure, I will post them. 3 items were little heavy and one goes above the master bed room headboard. I don't want that to fall from wall if I fix that

Old 04-07-2015, 09:04 AM

631 posts, read 884,567 times
Treat this as a learning experience, and try and do this yourself. Go to target, they have little picture hanging all in one type sets you can buy. For heavy items, you need to either hammer the nail into the studs (what frames your house, located behind your drywall), or use drywall anchors. If you're new to this, and what you're hanging isn't over 100 pounds, I'd just use the drywall anchor. It's harder to mess up. What you're hanging will either already have screw eyes on the sides, or you'll have to attach them yourself. Then you take picture hanging wire, and loop it horizontally (and maybe vertically too if there are screw eyes on top as well) through both screw eyes. Then hang the wire on top of the nail/drywall anchor.

I'm not very handy myself, and I probably used a couple terms incorrectly, but I figured out how to hang stuff. Just google image search any term you aren't familiar with, and go to target and buy the picture hanging pack. You can fill the wall back in with putty where you put the nails when you move out.

Last edited by aggie972; 04-07-2015 at 10:30 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
Treat this as a learning experience, and try and do this yourself. Go to target, they have little picture hanging all in one type sets you can buy. For heavy items, you need to either hammer the nail into the studs (what frames your house, located behind your drywall), or use drywall anchors. If you're new to this, and what you're handing isn't over 100 pounds, I'd just use the drywall anchor. It's harder to mess up. What you're hanging will either already have screw eyes on the sides, or you'll have to attach them yourself. Then you take picture hanging wire, and loop it horizontally (and maybe vertically too if there are screw eyes on top as well) through both screw eyes. Then hang the wire on top of the nail/drywall anchor.

I'm not very handy myself, and I probably used a couple terms incorrectly, but I figured out how to hang stuff. Just google image search any term you aren't familiar with, and go to target and buy the picture hanging pack. You can fill the wall back in with putty where you put the nails when you move out.
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess this will work for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdCTaDr6J-o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: