Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times

Advertisements

Barb,

Since you're new to the forum, you might be interested in this helpful real estate info for realtors on CD where you can join the Realtors forum and get your little Realtor icon by your name:

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...city-data.html

Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 AM

10 posts, read 56,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsGirl View Post
What do you miss the most about CA? I know that if we leave, we won't be able to come back (financially), so I really need to know what kinds of things I might miss. I've never lived anywhere else. I live 3 miles from the home I grew up in, and I'm in my 40s. My parents live in that home, and would remain in CA. My in-laws (who I love) would go with us to TX.

I live in a suburb of Pasadena, if that helps. My friend who lives in TX says she misses how CA looks; the varied terrain, etc.

What else do you miss? Do you want to go back?
I miss In-N-Out burgers, I miss the beautiful California coast, seeing the Sierra Nevada mountains on clear days, the mostly perfect weather (70s by day, 50s/60s by night)... I will definitely move back in a couple of years. I grew up there and have been living in Dallas for the past 3 years. Although housing is far cheaper here, the reason is of course: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 PM

63 posts, read 206,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
As Guingirl said, if you like spicy food it is much harder to get. I find this to be mainly true with Chinese and Thai food. The only time I ever get anything spicy enough is when I go to a restaurant with a Chinese friend of mine who orders for the whole table. Otherwise if a menu says something is "hot" I would say it would be considered "medium" back in Cali.
No way. You saying 4 or 5 star level spicy typically in Thai restaurants in Dallas is considered medium in Cali? No way. I've had more spicy foods here than Cali.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM

63 posts, read 206,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmollie View Post
I miss In-N-Out burgers
Try Mooyah burgers. It's pretty close to In-N-Out, only better.

FYI. I think InNOut are highly regarded in Cali because it's the ONLY decent burger there. Next to it is probably McDonalds or Carls Jr or something. All fast food junks.

Now if you're ready for a real burger try Jakes.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:08 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settledindfw View Post
No way. You saying 4 or 5 star level spicy typically in Thai restaurants in Dallas is considered medium in Cali? No way. I've had more spicy foods here than Cali.
Well then I need to know where you are eating so I can go there! Because that has been far FAR from my experience. I've tried MANY Chinese restaurants here in Richardson and a few Thai. Some are good, some only OK, but the spicy level never ever comes close to what I'm used to, even when I order extra-spicy I would consider it mild to medium spicy. I am from San Diego and have lived in Laguna Hills and Lake Forest, and spent a lot of time in LA, by the way.

Now the Tom Yum Goong soup at Jasmine Thai in Plano does make my little chile pepper of a soul happy....

Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Debsi and I must just be muy caliente! hehe Honestly, I am keeping my mind open to searching out for that super spicey mexican restaurant.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:40 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Debsi and I must just be muy caliente! hehe Honestly, I am keeping my mind open to searching out for that super spicey mexican restaurant.
Pick up a copy of the February issue of D Magazine w/ "The Best Neighborhood Restaurants". It has PLENTY of suggestions and places to find real authentic Mexican food (not tex-mex). Yes, we do have it here just not in chains. LOL!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM

10 posts, read 56,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settledindfw View Post
Try Mooyah burgers. It's pretty close to In-N-Out, only better.

FYI. I think InNOut are highly regarded in Cali because it's the ONLY decent burger there. Next to it is probably McDonalds or Carls Jr or something. All fast food junks.

Now if you're ready for a real burger try Jakes.
Where is Mooyah and Jake's located?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Yes, I guess we are Guingirl! haha

Too bad you don't live in my neck of the woods or we'd totally have to go restaurant hunting together!

Mom, two favorite neighborhood restaurants in my area are Amigos (mexican) and Aboca's (italian) but unfortunately I don't go to either of them for spicy food. My most recent Chinese experience was at Tong's. I like the food, I just wish it would singe a few more tastebuds off.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Mom, two favorite neighborhood restaurants in my area are Amigos (mexican) and Aboca's (italian) but unfortunately I don't go to either of them for spicy food. My most recent Chinese experience was at Tong's. I like the food, I just wish it would singe a few more tastebuds off.
Hmm, they are not listed in the article (only about 10 in each city/area). One is Kirin Court saying, "This spot is ther real Chinesed deal, with more than 160 menu items. You'll have to ask one of the friendly waiters to explain half the dishes or live on the edge and just point." Love that last line, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas