Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:05 AM

419 posts, read 553,443 times

Advertisements

I live in 75013 and I think for the most part the elementaries and middle school (Erickson) is better than the East Plano, Richardson/Plano ISD schools at that level. We moved from East Plano, so I do have an opinion that's based on more than just forum hearsay and Great Schools ratings. Caveat being, as mentioned earlier Murphy schools zoned to Plano ISD in the Otto feeder. The Allen high school is probably not at the same level as Plano East, but I'm a good 10 years from worrying about that (4 and 2 year olds). I would also pick Plano ISD over anywhere else in Allen other than 75013.

Richardson is a great option for your commute. The commute on 75 is terrible and will get worse before it gets better between Allen and Richardson. My husband commutes up 75 to the north and has been forced to take back roads this last year. It is, however, a quick and easy commute at non-rush hours. If it weren't for our job locations, Richardson would likely be our pick but we prefer older homes with established trees, etc. Your desire for newer construction will limit you in Richardson. Check out Twin Creeks as well. You can get reasonable homes in the 5-7 year old range that are constructed by quality builders (Highland etc) in your price range. You can tell the difference, even at an older age, in my opinion, look better than some of the newer construction in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 09:22 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,281 times
out of curiosity - you said you are relocating and living 75/bush, are you coming for state farm?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:23 AM

168 posts, read 274,639 times
Just FYI, not all of 75013 is zoned to Ereckson for middle school. For instance, Starcreek is zoned to Curtis. I love Allen, but I would agree Murphy, Richardson, or East Plano would be a much easier commute. I agree that 75 continues to get worse.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 AM

419 posts, read 553,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaintex View Post
Just FYI, not all of 75013 is zoned to Ereckson for middle school.
This is correct. That's why I specified the Ereckson feeder schools. I don't have enough experience with Curtis to recommend or not.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:16 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keribeth818 View Post
I live in 75013 and I think for the most part the elementaries and middle school (Erickson) is better than the East Plano, Richardson/Plano ISD schools at that level. We moved from East Plano, so I do have an opinion that's based on more than just forum hearsay and Great Schools ratings. Caveat being, as mentioned earlier Murphy schools zoned to Plano ISD in the Otto feeder. The Allen high school is probably not at the same level as Plano East, but I'm a good 10 years from worrying about that (4 and 2 year olds). I would also pick Plano ISD over anywhere else in Allen other than 75013.

Richardson is a great option for your commute. The commute on 75 is terrible and will get worse before it gets better between Allen and Richardson. My husband commutes up 75 to the north and has been forced to take back roads this last year. It is, however, a quick and easy commute at non-rush hours. If it weren't for our job locations, Richardson would likely be our pick but we prefer older homes with established trees, etc. Your desire for newer construction will limit you in Richardson. Check out Twin Creeks as well. You can get reasonable homes in the 5-7 year old range that are constructed by quality builders (Highland etc) in your price range. You can tell the difference, even at an older age, in my opinion, look better than some of the newer construction in the area.
I could be wrong but Murphy isn't zoned to Otto. I'm pretty sure the schools will be hunt and bogges for elementary and then Murphy middle school. While I agree that Allen elementary schools are stronger than east Plano, I don't think they are better than the Murphy schools. If OP lived in Murphy then he drives 10 minutes to work and doesn't mess with 75 at all.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaintex View Post
Just FYI, not all of 75013 is zoned to Ereckson for middle school. For instance, Starcreek is zoned to Curtis. I love Allen, but I would agree Murphy, Richardson, or East Plano would be a much easier commute. I agree that 75 continues to get worse.
Also, parts of 75013/Suncreek are zoned to PISD (Beverly>Hendrick>Clark>PSHS).

Last edited by tyanger; 04-30-2015 at 04:06 PM..

Old 04-30-2015, 04:48 PM

21 posts, read 32,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
out of curiosity - you said you are relocating and living 75/bush, are you coming for state farm?
Yes I am moving for State farm

Old 04-30-2015, 05:32 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtorichardson View Post
Yes I am moving for State farm
when is your company planning to relocate and start for everyone? when does the office open? how many people are scheduled to move? is the relocation all at once or stages?

Old 04-30-2015, 06:49 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLama View Post
Me? Anti-Allen? I don't think so. I'm pro Plano so yeah I'm biased but there are better choices for commute to 75/190 then Allen. Am I wrong? I do hate 75.
Seriously, yes, most people with families working further south in Dallas at 635 and 75 do much more commute on a regular basis and bypass Richardson ,most live in North West Plano, Allen, Frisco, that the most common commute , so I don't see an issue with living in Allen coming from Bush and 75. Considering the few houses available , you'll also need to enlarge your search and look further than 15 mn commute at this point.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,396 times
Allen to Bush/75 is not a difficult commute, my goodness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas