Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 05:16 PM

8,450 posts, read 3,712,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddi82 View Post
Hello All,

I went through the whole math of price, MUD, tax, interest, HOA etc. To the end, all numbers are same.
:-)

Even if all all other things are equal (in terms of higher taxes/MUD vs. higher home price), I'd say there's a slight edge to the community in which the higher-priced home stands to gain a higher return of profit (since it's typically based on a certain percentage of the home value annually). So if both communities increase 5% a year, the return is higher, obviously, on the higher-priced home. ALSO, when the home is sold, the additional money paid for the home is returned (whereas additional tax money is not recovered). So the amount may very well be equal - but I still don't consider it 'equal' in terms of investment. Also, because of the MUD taxes (compared to the lower taxes in surrounding communities), it generally forces builders (and later, resellers) to keep home prices low to be competitive - not a good thing when you want to resell.

All that being said, I agree you have to go with the community you like the most. Good Luck with your home!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 11:51 PM

140 posts, read 177,320 times
Light Farms is terrible. Small teensy lots with 600k homes on them. what a joke. You look out your window and see a brick wall 15ft away. no thanks

Old 03-08-2016, 08:58 AM

27 posts, read 28,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminate7 View Post
Light Farms is terrible. Small teensy lots with 600k homes on them. what a joke. You look out your window and see a brick wall 15ft away. no thanks
Really? I was under the impression that people go there for bigger lots and country feel. If you are getting small lots and subdivisions then why spend an extra hour each way fighting traffic rage? I reckon it's about new home obsession?

Old 11-14-2017, 05:07 PM

6 posts, read 6,763 times
Default Another builder option?

Have you thought about MainVue Homes? They're kind of new to the area but I saw them in Seattle and loved their stuff!

I'm looking for a new floorplan and to "correct" some stuff I made mistakes with in my current house. The drive for me is not much worse than it is now from where I live. As long as I can get to work in about 1-1.25 hours, I'm ok with it. I also would like to go to a more open neighborhood that's away from the city (Light Farms may be better for this than Windsong Ranch). After having grown up and lived in Houston and then moved to the DFW area, I'm about done with big cities. And, like shrapr said above, I like the builders in these communities like Darling, Drees, and Highland.[/quote]

Old 11-16-2017, 01:03 AM

210 posts, read 269,518 times
We have lived at WSR over 2 years and it has been great! New 5 acre Crystal Blue Lake will begin construction this winter adjacent to the new 2nd amenity center. See: www.windsongranchliving.com and look at what you'd be enjoying!

New Kroger opened in July in front of WSR a new Home Depot just broke ground, Chase Bank and Race Trac under construction will open soon along with numerous retail stores and restaurants per plans.

Visit WSR Welcome Center next to the Commons Amenity Center!

Old 11-16-2017, 01:07 AM

210 posts, read 269,518 times
We have lived at WSR over 2 years and it has been great! New 5 acre Crystal Blue Lake will begin construction this winter adjacent to the new 2nd amenity center. See: www.windsongranchliving.com and look at what you'd be enjoying!

New Kroger opened in July in front of WSR a new Home Depot just broke ground, Chase Bank and Race Trac will open soon along with numerous retail stores and restaurants per plans.

Visit WSR Welcome Center next to the Commons Amenity Center!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: