Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:26 PM

241 posts, read 381,738 times

Advertisements

I'm curious if anyone has considered moving to Windsong Ranch in Prosper or Light Farms in Celina? I currently live in Frisco and was considering moving. I like the builders and communities in both areas, but each has its own negatives and positives. Just wondering if others have or are considering either of these communities and what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 10:48 PM

377 posts, read 382,189 times
I would go with Light Farms. It is far more developed than Windsong. Windsong only has about 30 houses built so far. Light Farms has several hundred. Both use Prosper ISD schools.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:08 AM

277 posts, read 678,302 times
Light farms has the MUD tax and total property averages over 3.1%

Old 05-01-2015, 06:54 AM

117 posts, read 193,598 times
I know the developers at Windsong and have toured all the property. It's very pretty land and will have a ton of trails, a stocked pond and disc golf course....however, the lots are way too small for how far out it is. That's just how development works these days.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 AM

446 posts, read 845,795 times
We considered Drees in Windsong bc that's the only community we could build on of their plans and still be within budget. We loved the development and the amenities were quite nice but decided against it bc it's too far out and not much going on around there right now.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 PM

63 posts, read 133,758 times
I haven't been to Light Farms but really like that they are thinking out of the box with the organic
farm stand every weekend as part of a community event.

Windsong Ranch is off on 380, and there are serious car accidents on that road all the time.
Traffic on 380 is a hot mess as well during rush hour. Lot sizes are not any bigger than what
you can find in Frisco. So if you want a larger lot I would look at other Prosper neighborhoods.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:59 PM

206 posts, read 334,939 times
Default Windsong

My optometrist bought a Darling home and have already moved in. She loves the development but that is her. I would not even consider Windsong for the above mentioned reasons.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:23 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,382 times
jw why are you moving SO FAR out when you are in a great location in Frisco?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:41 PM

206 posts, read 334,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
Probably the builders and the community, like he said is attracting him.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 PM

241 posts, read 381,738 times
First of all, thanks to everyone responding. I asked only because I was wondering if anyone did or didn't move into either of these communties and see if there was something I am not considering while making my decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl_cls02 View Post
Light farms has the MUD tax and total property averages over 3.1%
This is one of the few things about Light Farms that's giving me pause. However, the same builders and plans are anywhere from about $30-$50k cheaper than in Windsong ranch and even cheaper than that than in Frisco and Plano from what I recall, so damned if you do and damned if you don't. lol. I also like the location between Preston and the Tollway and just south of the future Outer Loop (which may or may not be built/completed in the next 500 years... lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainofjjj View Post
I know the developers at Windsong and have toured all the property. It's very pretty land and will have a ton of trails, a stocked pond and disc golf course....however, the lots are way too small for how far out it is. That's just how development works these days.
Eh, after having lived in Frisco, a 76' lot like some of the builders are offering in Windsong Ranch is more than big enough for me. I live in a 64' lot at the moment. I don't like the 50'-55' lots in parts of Light Farms, though. Even the 60' lots there seem a bit cramped. I want something a bit bigger, but if I want acreage, I'm probably moving out-of-state into my "final" home. Probably somewhere in NW Arkansas with a view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoTex View Post
I haven't been to Light Farms but really like that they are thinking out of the box with the organic
farm stand every weekend as part of a community event.

Windsong Ranch is off on 380, and there are serious car accidents on that road all the time.
Traffic on 380 is a hot mess as well during rush hour. Lot sizes are not any bigger than what
you can find in Frisco. So if you want a larger lot I would look at other Prosper neighborhoods.
I live about 5-10 minutes from Windsong Ranch in Frisco, and the prices there are much cheaper than anything I can find remotely similar in the Frisco area from what I can tell. Otherwise, I'm with you - I'd find something else in Frisco. I also rarely travel much up and down 380.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
I'm looking for a new floorplan and to "correct" some stuff I made mistakes with in my current house. The drive for me is not much worse than it is now from where I live. As long as I can get to work in about 1-1.25 hours, I'm ok with it. I also would like to go to a more open neighborhood that's away from the city (Light Farms may be better for this than Windsong Ranch). After having grown up and lived in Houston and then moved to the DFW area, I'm about done with big cities. And, like shrapr said above, I like the builders in these communities like Darling, Drees, and Highland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: