Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:26 PM

68 posts, read 94,098 times

Advertisements

Anyone know if I need to worry about Radon with Pier & Beam vs. Slab in North/East Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 09:39 PM

Also, is Robert E Lee better than Nathan Adams? It looks like it lags Stonewall and Lakewood, though I'd suspect from the investment in the neighborhood and changing demographics it will begin to look more like those two in the future. Any thoughts?

Old 05-23-2015, 07:43 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txman210 View Post
Also, is Robert E Lee better than Nathan Adams? It looks like it lags Stonewall and Lakewood, though I'd suspect from the investment in the neighborhood and changing demographics it will begin to look more like those two in the future. Any thoughts?
Not sure how it stacks up today, but it is at the core of a huge public school push in East Dallas. Do some googling and you can probably find info about plans for Lee's short term future. Mike Morath held a parent info meeting there not long ago.

Living near Adams' zone myself, I can tell you there is no such push to attract families to public schools going on there. For the near-term future, I'd go with Lee.....HOWEVER, Lee to Colleyville is a helluva commute. I wouldn't do it, probably an hour each way in traffic.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:28 AM

59 posts, read 71,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Not sure how it stacks up today, but it is at the core of a huge public school push in East Dallas. Do some googling and you can probably find info about plans for Lee's short term future. Mike Morath held a parent info meeting there not long ago.
There going to be another community event for Lee in a few weeks. Anyone is welcome to come to meet people from the school and community. Details still to be finalized:

It was great to see those who made it out for our inaugural Community Networking Social to benefit Robert E Lee Elementary PTA at HG Sply Co on March 31.
Please mark your calendar for our next social and stay tuned for details.
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
5:30 to 7:30 pm
Location TBD – Lower Greenville Ave area

Lee began the two-way dual language program during the 2013-2014 school. This is an opt-in program (one classroom per grade level) in which student learn in both English and Spanish. Students stay in the program from K through 5, with the goal of being fully fluent in both languages by the end of 5th grade.

Also, Lee will begin implementing the IB PYP (International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program) beginning Fall of 2015. The Lee teachers did IB training this year. Students zoned to Lee will potentially be able to take part in IB programs from K-12 (Lee-Long-Woodrow).

Fifth grade STAAR reading scores were released yesterday. Compared to last year, Lee showed a 12% increase in fifth-graders passing the reading section of STAAR.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:58 PM

While Lee to Colleyville is a bad drive, it's not at rush hour. My drive (to Terrell is during morning and evening rush periods) so I'm ok with a little longer drive to Colleyville. We'll see how she feels though. While our plans change every 2-3 days, we are currently debating between Northwood Hills/Spring Valley and Merriman Park zones. These are all RISD. I'm a little questionable about Forest Meadow and LHHS, but this is new construction vs. 1980 build. However, the floor plan is better on the 1980 build. They won't budge on a price that is considerably above appraisal and we need a mortgage to purchase. Any opinions on LH vs. RHS zones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: