Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 04:23 PM

9 posts, read 7,900 times

Advertisements

Hey Y'all

First off, I apologize for the lengthy post. I will be graduating from university soon and post-grad start work in Dallas next to the Galleria. I've exhausted through hundreds of google searches and threads in this forum to obtain information on what the ideal location would be. Budget for rent is ideally $1100<=. I will have a brand new truck so the area must be safe, furthermore, high walkability isn't paramount.

Some main factors to consider are:
- Commute time (7AM and 5-6PM)
- I will be bringing my 2 year old dog with me, so I would like the area to be dog friendly (ie: plenty dog parks/trails/public parks near by). This is a pretty big factor for me.
- Ideally I would like a social life, but I am not a huge partier or drinker. Going out on the weekends and occasional happy hours. For this reason I am not too interested in paying a premium to live in Uptown for its nightlife location.
- Imperative amenities are connected washer/dryer and favorably a decent size fitness center with free weights.

Specific locations and apartments I'm currently looking at are:
- Knox/Henderson, Addison Circle, The Village (Upper East Side specifically), West Village, and Las Colinas.
- Specific Apartments I'm considering include: The Village (Upper East Side), District at Greenville, Jefferson Center Apartments, Aura Prestonwood, Alexan Apartments, and Allegra.

If you guys could provide some insight and thoughts on the locations and specific apartments above, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if there are additional locations and/or specific apartments I should look at feel free to let me know. Thank you for your help, I am very excited to relocate to Dallas and look forward to hearing all your thoughts.

Additional, I wouldn't be opposed to living with a roommate ideally around my age to lessen the rent. If you're in the same boat as me, feel free to shoot me a message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 05:01 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Addison Circle will be the easiest commute.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:04 PM

Do you know what the area will be like for a young professional?

Old 05-05-2015, 06:09 PM

I will let others comment on that since they will know the area better than I do.

Just keep your dog in mind; an hour commute each way on top of a 9 hour day is a long time to be inside...

Old 05-05-2015, 06:16 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,873 times
What kind of dog, what size/weight? Some breeds just won't be accepted. Some apts have weight/size restrictions along with pet deposits. Just depends on the place.

Addison tends to fairly modern suburb. Plenty of dining places. Young professional friendly. Near major thru fares facilitate traveling across town for nites out.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabeon8 View Post
**** you hoe!!!
Thanks!

Old 05-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
What kind of dog, what size/weight? Some breeds just won't be accepted. Some apts have weight/size restrictions along with pet deposits. Just depends on the place.

Addison tends to fairly modern suburb. Plenty of dining places. Young professional friendly. Near major thru fares facilitate traveling across town for nites out.
Yes I've noticed that. The breed is fairly uncommon here in the states but think old english sheep dog, but does not get as big. She is medium sized and about 40lbs fully grown, also very well-mannered. The breed's temperament is non-aggressive, friendly, affable, and relaxed.

Thank you for the information. In your opinion, would Addison Circle be the best neighborhood for my situation?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I will let others comment on that since they will know the area better than I do.

Just keep your dog in mind; an hour commute each way on top of a 9 hour day is a long time to be inside...
Yes, I am being mindful of that. I plan on getting a dog walker/sitter for when I'm at work. I appreciate the concern.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 PM

A Puli? Yes, I love dogs.

Add $300+ per month for daily doggy day care. Yes, really. Dog walkers are a little cheaper, but are not common outside of Uptown Dallas, and your budget is already right at the top of that range.

I would strongly recommend Addison so you won't have to add this expense to your budget, and you could go home at lunch to walk your dog.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
A Puli? Yes, I love dogs.

Add $300+ per month for daily doggy day care. Yes, really. Dog walkers are a little cheaper, but are not common outside of Uptown Dallas, and your budget is already right at the top of that range.

I would strongly recommend Addison so you won't have to add this expense to your budget, and you could go home at lunch to walk your dog.
Haha no, not a puli. Her breed is a Sapsali aka Lion Dog How would you summarize the social/nightlife in Addison Circle for a young professional? It doesn't have to be absolutely raging, but I also wouldn't want it to be non-existent. Also, what is the general demographic of Addison Circle, mostly young professionals, families, singles, etc... Sorry for the crazy amount of questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas