Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM

125 posts, read 351,646 times

Advertisements

Anybody know what the *real* story is (or parts of it) behind the cancellation? We drove down from OKC (enduring ridiculous traffic jams and construction, both in OK and TX), and Courtney is supposed to start at 7:30, but comes on *a full hour* late (which was pretty much the norm for concerts anywhere about 20-30 years ago, but just about 98% of the shows I've seen in the past decade in many different cities have started on time). Then after she finishes (thankfully, she was horrible), we wait and wait, then they cancel due to weather. Not a single drop of rain fell, not a single strike of lightning came anywhere close the Gexa pavilion until probably 4 AM - WTF?!?!?!?!?

She claims she was pissed off that they cancelled and wouldn't let her come out and make a statement herself (yeah right, she has enough power and pull that she could've told them that she wanted to come out and tell people).

Why did Courtney start so late? IMO, completely inexcusable in 2015. If she would've started on time, Lana's set would've been *finished* at approximately the same time as they announced it was postponed.

Why are there rumors about Lana's DJ cancelling?

Why are there rumors about seeing Lana driving away from the venue before the show even started?

Why is the Gexa Pavilion staff (I assume they're the ones that made the decision to cancel) so incompetent at weather forecasting (or relying on other incompetent forecasters)?

I call BS on the cancellation because of weather, they should've cancelled way earlier than right before her set, that's completely incompetent and amateur-hour type of crap.

Just be interesting to find out what was going on... Selling my tickets for whenever she comes back, not playing their game any more, just not worth all of the s**t surrounding taking a trip to Dallas to see a show...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 05:47 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,764,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
Anybody know what the *real* story is (or parts of it) behind the cancellation?

A sudden explosion of good taste?

Old 05-10-2015, 06:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Perhaps because of the weather? I don't think there is a real story.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:30 PM

17 posts, read 32,117 times
I'm waiting to hear from the venue as I drove from San Antonio to see her. Courtney Love was a mess !! If the show is rescheduled anyone want tickets?

Old 05-11-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Perhaps because of the weather? I don't think there is a real story.
That's the deal, I was there - no rain, no lightning anywhere close to the venue, Courtney going on an hour late when she started on time in Houston, huge wait between sets, just a lot of weird BS, it was not the weather, they used that as an excuse for something...

Maps | NCDC - National Climatic Data Center

That has historical radar data that shows there wasn't severe weather close to the venue.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:12 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,419 times
Weather related in an outdoor venue. Gexa is always a gamble. It pays to have a plan B if you plan on driving in for an event there.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Weather related in an outdoor venue. Gexa is always a gamble. It pays to have a plan B if you plan on driving in for an event there.
Um, that makes no sense - what is "plan B" for a show being cancelled after the opening act goes on, but before the main act starts?

And, as I've posted, there was no severe weather within at least 10-15 miles (probably more, actually, I didn't measure exactly) of the venue, you can see for yourself in the radar link.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:12 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,635,721 times
I am not sure you will ever know if there was a "story" or if it was weather related. Living in OKC, you should know that weather can spin up in minutes and change directions. Even though you say there wasn't anything on the radar within 10-15 miles, maybe they didn't want to risk it and wanted everyone to be able to get home safely? Not sure if you drove back home or stayed in town, but most of the DFW was under a storm watch Saturday night with storm sirens blaring as early as 6:45 Sunday morning.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:55 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Music: Weather kills Gexa crowd's Lana Del Rey dreams after opening shots from Courtney Love | GuideLive

^ another Facebook find

Old 05-11-2015, 05:47 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,419 times
"...one of the most massive displays of outward teen angst and despair I've had the displeasure to witness" lol.

There are far greater injustices in life.

To the OP, you should have left Fair Park and headed to Lee Harveys. That's a solid plan B for any concert on that side of town. If you are underage, Pretty sure it's an all ages venue but not positive.
Along those lines, Granada concerts on Greenville are usually 14 and up and usually much better than most acts playing at Gexa anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas