Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 06:26 PM

141 posts, read 544,503 times

Advertisements

Are there any nice areas with newer homes and good schools in Denton? Don't know much about it other than our quick drive though yesterday and just from that, I asn't too impressed. We didn't look for any neighborhoods, just drove around the western loop, and though downtown and then south to I35. We'd like to buy a newer home (or even new build) in a nice neighborhood with young families (we have 3 young kids) with easy access for parks, kids activities, etc. Does this exist in Denton? My husband will be working there. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 08:06 AM

207 posts, read 274,413 times
Take a look in something zoned to Argyle ISD

//www.city-data.com/school/argy...school-tx.html

This is the Northwest ISD Map but you can see the Argyle ISD on there as well (for some reason the Argyle ISD map wasnt loading correctly)
http://www.nisdtx.org/cms/lib/tx2100...d_down_map.pdf

Also Check Flower Mound HS and Flower Mound Marcus HS (or EL/MS zoned to Flower Mound in Lewisville ISD (not Lewisville HS's though))

If you can stick close to FM 2499 you should have a straight shot into Southern Denton with a decent commute.

Both the Flower Mound schools are great schools on or near the same level as the top schools in DFW.

http://www.lisd.net/campus_info/FMHSdetail.pdf

http://www.lisd.net/campus_info/MHSdetail.pdf

Old 05-22-2015, 08:36 AM

8,103 posts, read 8,284,205 times
I already recommended Argyle in your other post but you did not seem interested

Old 05-22-2015, 09:39 AM

141 posts, read 544,503 times
Yeah I don't think Argyle is what we are looking for. I'd rather be less "country living". We were looking at Flower Mound bc we loved it driving through, but I was starting to get worried about husbands commute to Denton taking to long based on what others were saying on here. Thats's why I thought I would shift gears and get info/opinions about Denton itself. Honestly something like Flower Mound is exactly what we are looking for as far as access to shopping, stores, restaurants , things for kids to do, etc, again just was worried about commute times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas