Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 06:44 PM

79 posts, read 103,954 times

Advertisements

Looks like we get "more bang for the buck" in Lantana. A middle-school and numerous elementary schools exist within the development (Denton ISD). The HS is Guyer High School, outside of the development but close.

How are these academically ? Any reports or opinions ? Parents are VERY involved in kids education.

How do they compare to Flower Mound schools ?

Thank You

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 07:11 PM

5 posts, read 6,605 times
There is no such thing as more bang for similar amount of bucks, you win some and you loose some. If there was such a thing, educated and high earning people wouldn't be paying big bucks to live in higher priced areas.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:35 PM

953 posts, read 1,824,184 times
Really? Lantana schools may not count yet "academically". They dont even compare to FM schools yet.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:21 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,959,201 times
A Lot highish end homes with white collar professionals living in Lantana. I've had at least 30 families buy there over the years and none have regretted the decision.

I have a client now looking to upsize and they want to keep their 3 boys in the same schools there.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:05 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,747,046 times
The schools in Lantana itself are pretty good. Guyer is OK, but it's not going to be as good as Flower Mound schools.

Flower Mound schools are just an overall strong portion of LISD.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:14 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,180,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post

Flower Mound schools are just an overall strong portion of LISD.

Not just strong in LISD, but among the best public schools in the entire metroplex. FMHS and Marcus HS are both in the top 10 public high school in DFW. Denton Guyer is not even close. Comparing SAT scores, FMHS average score is 1709 and Marcus' average is 1646. Denton Guyer's is 1520 which puts it in the top 1/3 of area high schools, ranked close to Garland, Wylie, and Frisco's two lowest ranked high schools.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Not just strong in LISD, but among the best public schools in the entire metroplex. FMHS and Marcus HS are both in the top 10 public high school in DFW. Denton Guyer is not even close. Comparing SAT scores, FMHS average score is 1709 and Marcus' average is 1646. Denton Guyer's is 1520 which puts it in the top 1/3 of area high schools, ranked close to Garland, Wylie, and Frisco's two lowest ranked high schools.
OK FMHS is approx 200 points higher than Guyer HS, this is clearly a big difference

Regarding "bang for buck" my point is I can spend 450K and get a bigger house than 450K in West Plano, another top district/school area.

Thank you and please keep the posts coming

Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 PM

5 posts, read 6,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2DFW View Post
OK FMHS is approx 200 points higher than Guyer HS, this is clearly a big difference

Regarding "bang for buck" my point is I can spend 450K and get a bigger house than 450K in West Plano, another top district/school area.

Thank you and please keep the posts coming
Lantana isn't a top school area, it's not a central location and not a job hub with tons of shopping, dinning and entertainment. You are right about the house size though but resale and rental values and probabilities would be different.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchAmerican View Post
Lantana isn't a top school area, it's not a central location and not a job hub with tons of shopping, dinning and entertainment. You are right about the house size though but resale and rental values and probabilities would be different.
Yes however the Shops at Highland Village are 10 minutes away via car

No, it is not a central location, I agree. Volunteer Fire and County Sheriff versus city PD and city fire/ems also. Not that I am paranoid or plan on needing a firetruck, but...

Old 05-31-2015, 10:42 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,747,046 times
Why not just move to Flower Mound? I just moved from Lantana to Flower Mound, and while Lantana has a lot going for it (although resale and rental value are very strong, although rental maybe not so much in the $450,000 range), it's really far out. That extra 10-15 minutes to get anywhere, or get home, really starts to wear on you after a while. Also, are you factoring in the high HOA costs of living in Lantana?

West Plano and Lantana are very far apart and very different. If Lantana is a consideration, the Flower Mound should be as well. I really liked living in Lantana, but after a few weeks of not having to spend an extra 25-40 minutes a day in the car, I doubt I would ever go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas