Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 06:30 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times

Advertisements

From what I understand, several black people got into an altercation and started fighting. That video is out there now. After that, the cops were called when it started to escalate. You can hear a few people egging the combatants on, so what probably happened between that first video and this one of the cops is more of the same.

Cops arrive, tell everyone to disperse, and they get attitude. Most of the people that were there were not residents as I understand, so technically, most of them were trespassing. If they didn't leave when the cops told them to, they are well within their power to arrest them.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:36 PM

385 posts, read 488,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
From what I understand, several black people got into an altercation and started fighting. That video is out there now. After that, the cops were called when it started to escalate. You can hear a few people egging the combatants on, so what probably happened between that first video and this one of the cops is more of the same.

Cops arrive, tell everyone to disperse, and they get attitude. Most of the people that were there were not residents as I understand, so technically, most of them were trespassing. If they didn't leave when the cops told them to, they are well within their power to arrest them.
Why not just say several people? Seems like you made it a point to say "several black people" despite the video already showing their race Regardless, both parties were in the wrong. Cop should not have been on top of the girl like that.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:44 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,719 times
An acquaintance of mine asked this, very serious question that I don't know the answer to - If I was a resident of that neighborhood (Craig Ranch North), I would feel very very unsafe and concerned. Specifically, why would people be allowed to throw huge parties like that in the first place? Who do I report to to make sure this doesn't happen again? How do I make the guidelines (HOA or anything else) more strict and ensure something like this never repeats again?

Old 06-07-2015, 06:52 PM

71 posts, read 86,427 times
Apparently this is the full story...

Teen Speaks Out About What Happened When Cops Broke Up A Texas Pool Party

Old 06-07-2015, 06:53 PM

190 posts, read 288,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
From what I understand, several black people got into an altercation and started fighting. That video is out there now.
Link?

Old 06-07-2015, 06:55 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
The cop was wrong.

Let's focus on that instead of looking for something to justify his bad behavior. He was unprofessional and cops should always be held to a higher standard than citizens. We typically expect more from officers except in instances like this where there's a tendency to get tribal and look for any excuse to absolve the officer in question.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:58 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I can't believe no one is commenting on this. It's national news now...
The type of people that are inclined to side with the officer are waiting until some random piece of dirt comes up on the teens involved.

If that happens, they'll jump all over this story. If there's nothing to dig and the incident was as bad as it looked, it'll get ignored. Then we'll see several postings about "urban" teens beating up people in some Northeastern metro.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:03 PM

Appears to be a white female and black female that had an altercation, not several black people like a previous poster mentioned. Don't understand why people (of any color) think violence is the answer.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:36 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,719 times
Posted by someone else but is exactly how I feel

Old 06-07-2015, 07:48 PM

So the white mom in the video used racial slurs? I've heard that but I'm not sure what exactly happened. Why did the girl tweet "she deserved it"? I wish we knew both sides of the story, before automatically assuming that the girl went after the mom and her daughter for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas