Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:17 AM

990 posts, read 2,302,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Just a few questions.

Why would grown women (from the neighborhood) put their hands on a teenage girl or even approach them in a confrontational way? Did they think it was okay to say what they said? Obviously so and that is a problem that need to be addressed.

What parent (especially father) would allow their child to go to a pool party in a community where they don't belong? Given the issues that young Black teenagers are faced with. Doesn't make sense to me.

Why didn't the good cops remove the bad one from the scene? It obvious that the situation escalated when it shouldn't leading to cursing to violence. This doesn't win any brownie points for the over scrutinized state of law enforcement.

Just my thoughts.
I don't know your first answer.

But seriously on #2? Its just a neighborhood. Its not some exclusive enclave. The metroplex is a big place. Their school is likely big and made up of kids from several different neighborhoods. Not unusual to visit other neighborhoods or have most of your friends live in other neighborhoods.

The bad cop was the supervisor. A former McKinney cop has said as much on local news. This was their supervisor and training officer.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
She feels very unsafe especially with her young kids that are about to start school. She did not know her neighborhood was so "ghetto/corrupt" with stupid ruthless irresponsible kids
"Ghetto"?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,815,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWDove View Post
Homeowners throw parties at HOA pools and club houses all the time. You don't have to even live there, if you are friends with some homeowner then get them to book it for your party. My friends who live in Richwoods of Frisco, they love their club house and pool but hate it that some residents abuse these facilities and rent those out as public party venues.

Girls who hosted this party, they actually lived in that neighborhood.
That girl who hosted and lived in that neighborhood should face serious consequences imo. If not, this will just repeat over and over again

#PUNISHTHECRAIGRANCHRESIDENTWHOHOSTEDTHEPARTYANDGO TTHISSTARTEDINTHEFIRSTPLACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
"Ghetto"?

Yes, I did put it in quotes. "Civil" people would not have resulted in this, throwing parties blasting music getting in fights in a private neighborhood, charging kids for money, ruining a safe quiet atmosphere

Old 06-08-2015, 08:19 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,173,430 times
Quote:
She feels very unsafe especially with her young kids that are about to start school. She did not know her neighborhood was so "ghetto/corrupt" with stupid ruthless irresponsible kids
McKinney is far from ghetto/corrupt. If she honestly feels so unsafe there, then I suggest she stop going to the pool. And there are stupid, irresponsible kids everywhere.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:19 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,570,917 times
Quote:
Dumb, and I feel like I'm getting trolled.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:20 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,815,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
McKinney is far from ghetto/corrupt. If she honestly feels so unsafe there, then I suggest she stop going to the pool. And there are stupid, irresponsible kids everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
Dumb, and I feel like I'm getting trolled.
She is seriously considering moving. Her kids will be going to the same school as these stupid, irresponsible kids. I, too, would feel concerned.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:21 AM

990 posts, read 2,302,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
He was never being disruptive or combative, either.

More info is trickling in, I have few friends that are talking about this on Facebook that live in the area and they are telling a different story than the media's "innocent" slant on these kids.

Most of these kids (95% or more) did not live there. They were jumping the fence to get in, stealing food/drinks from the homeowners who were there, assaulted a mother of three (whether that is the fight that got recorded I do not know), smoking marijuana, and ran out the DJ.

Shrug, for me it boils down to respect. There were a lot of unruly kids who were asked to leave and refused, and instead started mouthing off to the cops. Then several of them interfered with them doing their jobs, and even charged at a cop? That was stupidity at best and criminal at worst.

I think the cop who drew his gun will be reprimanded, but I highly doubt he'll lose his job over this.
where is this coming from? Was the girl hosting a party or not?

Even if any of this is true, the actions of the officer towards the kids in the video is still excessive and inappropriate. All I keep reading is about disrespect from the kids in the video. I see no kids shouting at the officer. Did they move fast enough for his liking? Obviously not. The other officers in the video are not behaving like he was towards the kids in the video. Notice as the video starts, no kids are in cuffs and the officer is talking to them. Enter GI Joe and he starts a completely different line of behavior.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
I don't know your first answer.

But seriously on #2? Its just a neighborhood. Its not some exclusive enclave. The metroplex is a big place. Their school is likely big and made up of kids from several different neighborhoods. Not unusual to visit other neighborhoods or have most of your friends live in other neighborhoods.

The bad cop was the supervisor. A former McKinney cop has said as much on local news. This was their supervisor and training officer.
And here I thougth Cartman's "respect mah authoritah!" was satire, not preferred departmental procedure.

Quote:
She is seriously considering moving. Her kids will be going to the same school as these stupid, irresponsible kids. I, too, would feel concerned.
I live where I live. There are stupid, irresponsible kids here, too.

Of course, they're rich and white...

Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,000,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbyK View Post
The officer was charged at by two male individuals. Had he not pulled his firearm he most likely would have been assaulted by multiple assailants and we would be witnessing a shooting in that video. You obviously lack any force on force training.
They charged the officer because he was throwing one of the guy's sister around like a rag doll. If that was my little 14 yr old sister, I would have done way more than charge that worthless little officer. Someone should meet up with him when he's off duty and discuss the actions he took.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:24 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,173,430 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be snarky (well, a little), but please let us all know where she moves to that is 100% perfect with no irresponsible teens.

From what I understand, the person posting the tweets/charging for the party didn't even live in the neighborhood. Sure, obviously some kids did live there and were letting people in, but this isn't a problem that will only happen at Craig Ranch. The same person was going to host a party in Plano but it got shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas