Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 AM

559 posts, read 937,402 times

Advertisements

Two questions:

We are looking for a new patio dinning set and wondering what's the best time when stores start getting rid of or reduce their inventory by providing better discounts. We have some specific dimensions limitation in setting up dinning set in our covered patio and could not find it at NFM and Home Depot stores. Not looking for a super expensive patio set.

Any recommendation for stores carrying a wide variety of patio dinning sets?

Also looking for a nice decorative 5+ bulbs based floor lamp for the living room and hard to find anything that we like.

Any local or chain stores carrying a wide variety of large floor lamps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 12:23 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_cowboy View Post
Two questions:

We are looking for a new patio dinning set and wondering what's the best time when stores start getting rid of or reduce their inventory by providing better discounts. We have some specific dimensions limitation in setting up dinning set in our covered patio and could not find it at NFM and Home Depot stores. Not looking for a super expensive patio set.

Any recommendation for stores carrying a wide variety of patio dinning sets?

Also looking for a nice decorative 5+ bulbs based floor lamp for the living room and hard to find anything that we like.

Any local or chain stores carrying a wide variety of large floor lamps?

1. Now is the best time to shop for patio. It will be on sale but store inventory won't be completely broken (ie, when you can't find 4 matching cushions for your 4 chairs). Have you been to At Home (formerly Garden Ridge)? They have several DFW locations and a huge selection.

2. For lamps, try Lamps Plus and Home Goods. Or try online at Wayfair or Overstock.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:43 AM

380 posts, read 369,035 times
I've never been there but Sunnyland Furniture is supposed to be really good for outdoor furniture. I think they are family owned too. I plan on going there first when I'm in the market. Weirs has patio furniture, and so does My Yard Art Patio and Fireplace.

Lights Fantastic might be a good place for your floor lamp. I've never been there either.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:35 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
When we went shopping, I was in sticker shock. Outdoor furniture is expensive in Texas!!! Every place we looked was more expensive than an indoor living room set.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:18 PM

176 posts, read 234,346 times
Was just at Pottery Barn yesterday. This is a great time to find deals on their patio furniture.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthegoat View Post
Was just at Pottery Barn yesterday. This is a great time to find deals on their patio furniture.
Be careful with Pottery Barn outdoor- I think the quality is lacking big-time on the non-metal pieces.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
When we went shopping, I was in sticker shock. Outdoor furniture is expensive in Texas!!! Every place we looked was more expensive than an indoor living room set.
When you get a set that will last for more than a year or two, it is expensive! With the amount of full sun and high temperatures we have in Dallas, you really do want to pay more for pieces that won't rust or fade and are heavy enough to not get tossed around in our strong spring storms. There is also a lot of treatment technology that makes metal pieces not as hot to the touch in high temperatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas