Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 PM

45 posts, read 72,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I agree being a suburb of Dallas is a mega factor in Colin county growth. Both benefit from the ties to each other, it's not a one way street. Dallas benefits from Toyota moving jobs to Plano due to some features Plano has which dallas does not have in Toyotas eyes. There should not be an argument or jealously of this fact appears on thus site from time to time. It's childish on both sides part.

Same with higher density fans and suburb fans both exist and make the world go around, I fail to understand the ignoring of the legitimacy of the other viewpoint as some seem to.
It is absolutely a one-way street. Dallas County could be dropped into Wyoming and continue to thrive as a cultural and business center. Collin County, if dropped into Wyoming, would empty out in seconds... with the transplants heading, if not to SoCal, to Dallas County.

CoCo transplants simply like "safe" neighborhoods and low taxes while leeching off the big city. That's it in a nutshell. I don't blame individual families for doing it - it makes a lot of sense and I hope they're very happy and healthy in Collin County. But don't try to pretend like you're giving anything back, because you're not. You're leeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 09:30 PM

45 posts, read 72,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
There's also plenty of evidence that the lack of building in south Dallas is not 'natural supply/demand', but rather purposeful, but I'm not sure it's worth it to get into it here.
As a Dallas resident I think it's absolutely worth getting into. It's about time some people learned where their patrimony came from.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:38 PM

371 posts, read 553,835 times
Wow - and I guess all the Fortune 500 Headquarters currently in (or coming in) Collin County are leeches too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
It is absolutely a one-way street. Dallas County could be dropped into Wyoming and continue to thrive as a cultural and business center. Collin County, if dropped into Wyoming, would empty out in seconds... with the transplants heading, if not to SoCal, to Dallas County.

CoCo transplants simply like "safe" neighborhoods and low taxes while leeching off the big city. That's it in a nutshell. I don't blame individual families for doing it - it makes a lot of sense and I hope they're very happy and healthy in Collin County. But don't try to pretend like you're giving anything back, because you're not. You're leeches.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:34 PM

379 posts, read 366,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayTexan View Post
Wow - and I guess all the Fortune 500 Headquarters currently in (or coming in) Collin County are leeches too :-)
Absolutely. Dallas County supports all the undesirables they depend upon to clean their buildings at night and mow the grass on their campuses while they enjoy their tax breaks.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:46 AM

817 posts, read 922,386 times
Quote:

Quote:
As a Dallas resident I think it's absolutely worth getting into. It's about time some people learned where their patrimony came from.
Leeches? That sounds like a recycled version of an idea that floated around Chicago in the 1960s. Suburban residents, piling onto commuter trains, or into their cars, working and drawing a paycheck in Chicago, and then spending their money and paying most taxes in the suburbs.

At least Chicago was an established big city with abundant home grown business and industry. What about Dallas? Yeah EDS moved to Plano. What else does CoCo "leech" from Dallas? By that I mean, what is being removed from Dallas, which Dallas has a right to claim as its own?

Where in Dallas would there be room for the CoCo employers, and all those employees? What about transplants working for transplanted companies? Plano leeched Toyota from Torrance, CA. However, the transplanted employees are not leeches for living near their new work location.

What's that about giving back? Did anyone say they were giving back? What would you expect them to give back, and why do they owe it?

Cultural what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4shionablecha0s View Post
Absolutely. Dallas County supports all the undesirables they depend upon to clean their buildings at night and mow the grass on their campuses while they enjoy their tax breaks.
How do you know building cleaners live in Dallas County, not Collin or Denton? If they do live in Dallas County, do they really live in Dallas, or has Dallas priced out most of their building cleaner persons?

Old 07-20-2015, 04:06 AM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:

Remove coco from the DFW area and who gets Toyota? Not Dallas, maybe the DFW area, maybe not. Good schools matter to employers as much as the vibe or high density, etc do.

Safe sounds like a code word for something else when in quotes. Urban dwellers fail to open their mind to the view that many do not like high density city living.

Diversity thrives in some coco areas, open minds understand there are reasons other than " safe" ones that not all people share your urban worship religion.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:26 AM

93 posts, read 99,539 times
I predict that when the development stops moving north of Dallas, Kaufman County will be the next Collin County. Forney's already already exploded in population around 10 years ago, and Crandall ISD is gaining students at a high rate. Sprawl will start there and move farther east, into Terrell and Kaufman, and from there who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: