Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM

78 posts, read 930,410 times

Advertisements

Hey all you guys coming from So Cal. Why don't you bring In-N-Out Burger with you?? I'm sure everyone down south here would love it. They don't know what they are missing.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:04 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Nah, we've had it. Most of us here have actually traveled to California be it for business and/or pleasure

Anyway, you can forget about In-N-Out Burger coming to Dallas much less Texas. It ain't gonna happen. We were working a convention a few years ago here in Dallas and when I saw this guys name tag that said, "In-N-Out" on it I asked him. Nope, nothing will ever be here in Texas. Oh well. Their fries are good but that place is a MADHOUSE at lunchtime.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:10 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
A Trader Joes would be nice.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:11 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Nah, we've had it. Most of us here have actually traveled to California be it for business and/or pleasure

Anyway, you can forget about In-N-Out Burger coming to Dallas much less Texas. It ain't gonna happen. We were working a convention a few years ago here in Dallas and when I saw this guys name tag that said, "In-N-Out" on it I asked him. Nope, nothing will ever be here in Texas. Oh well. Their fries are good but that place is a MADHOUSE at lunchtime.
Mom, that may have been before the matriarch of the family died and the business got left (after a lot of legal battles, I believe) to the granddaughter.
The old lady never wanted the business to leave Cali-Arizona-Nevada, but they are now building a restaurant (restaurants?) in Utah. So who knows? They might make it here someday. I wouldn't mind a bit.

Ironically, I think the burgers are wonderful but the fries are awful!
To each her own!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldunn1001 View Post
Hey all you guys coming from So Cal. Why don't you bring In-N-Out Burger with you?? I'm sure everyone down south here would love it. They don't know what they are missing.
there are a few local burger places that taste better than in-n-out here in san antonio, although they are more expensive. whataburger to me also tastes better than in-n-out. but i do miss that famous in-n-out service with those very happy high school age servers.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:16 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Really! For some reason or another... it seems to be assumed on a regular basis... especially from the CA crowd... that we never venture out of our great state. Been there... done that. And, really, a burger?

We could eat out here at a different grand restaurant every day of the week for at least three years straight without any repetition... and by that time, there would be that many more to try out. And, it wouldn't be burger joints... even 'tho we already have some fine ones of those, too!

But, if your tastes run along "burgers", try Canton, TX... forgot the name of the place... but the best burgers I've ever had, bar none (or maybe I was just starving after a day at the market)... along with the Blue Bell ice cream! Oh, for the TX newcomers that are interested in flea markets, Canton's is huge... see First Monday of Canton, TX .

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-25-2008 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: add canton's link

Old 01-25-2008, 01:24 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
In-n-Out burgers. I just don't get them. My coworkers in CA love the place. We went there, and yup, it's a burger. The fries are good as long as you eat them immediately - they are nasty if they're not hot. I'd much rather have Rally's. Their burgers are the same, but the fries at Rally's are way better IMO.

I'm with Spree... bring on the Trader Joe's!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
In-n-Out burgers. I just don't get them. My coworkers in CA love the place. We went there, and yup, it's a burger. The fries are good as long as you eat them immediately - they are nasty if they're not hot. !
Gotta agree w/ ya there. The fries are only good if they are hot but that is how I am w/ any fries. I like Steak n Shake's fries. Burger was good but it was a typical "good fast food" burger (which I can not stand McD's, BK, etc). Plenty of other places that have much better burgers that are not "fast food'.

LOL!! Okay new2sa...........lmao. Yes, can ya believe it. Them airlines actually let some of us backwards hick Texans on them big birds to fly up in them skies to all kinds of faraway and exotic places

Now, for THE BEST BURGER ANYWHERE!!!!! Has to be at Zippers in San Jose Cabo, Mexico. AHMAN!!!! Good burgers for real. Killer ribs too. The view helps Nothing like sitting under an awning on the beach eating a fantastic burger.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Mom, that may have been before the matriarch of the family died and the business got left (after a lot of legal battles, I believe) to the granddaughter.
The old lady never wanted the business to leave Cali-Arizona-Nevada, but they are now building a restaurant (restaurants?) in Utah. So who knows? They might make it here someday. I wouldn't mind a bit.

Ironically, I think the burgers are wonderful but the fries are awful!
To each her own!
Who knows............ this was two years ago.

I've also heard it has something to do w/ their use of fresh ingredients from local places and they could not get it to here in a timely manner.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM

78 posts, read 930,410 times
Oh, but there is something about the buns or meat (not sure which) on an In-N-Out burger that can't be beat. Maybe its the way they toast it...fries are great too and not too terribly expensive. Hadn't heard about the legal battle over the business and also had no idea it was "planned" to never move eastward...huh. At any rate, its still funny that most people in Texas (or the south in general) have never had a In-N-Out burger, some would not even know what it is if it weren't advertised on TV shows such as CSI, etc.

Never been to Trader Joes although I have seen a few and my husband almost went to work at one. Are they not very similar to Whole Market or Fresh Market because I know they have those in Texas??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas