Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 06:53 PM

87 posts, read 153,768 times

Advertisements

I was out driving around Forney 2 years ago and the "downtown" area had almost a ghost town feeling. Kind of a depressed air to it. Lots of big houses in the surrounding areas with nice land and decent prices. Do most of the people go to Rockwall or elsewhere for most of their needs? Is Forney "up and coming?" Has it/will it possibly be revitalized? Do most people there commute into Dallas? Any thoughts at all would be appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 07:45 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,054,963 times
My wife and bought here in July of last year. We really like it and I would say it is slowly "up and coming".

We do go to Rockwall and Mesquite half of the time for things we need (no Best Buy, Petco, BB & Beyond etc in Forney yet). But what is here is really nice. The Lowes is clean and well run and the new Krogers is awesome. There is a UPS store, Starbucks and other little places like that popping up.

I did commute to downtown Dallas when we first moved here (not bad at all... 35 min tops). Now I commute to Carrollton every weekday (about an hour each way... I know, I know).

Overall, we are are happy with our decision and think Forney will continue to grow and prosper. The north and north east suburbs can't spread out forever so the east will eventually catch on, making buying here a great investment imo.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:15 AM

22 posts, read 34,742 times
Moderator cut: not allowed have to agree with Texas Minded. I think as the city continues to grow and expand, it's only going to make cost of real estate go up. Getting in now, will likely prove to be a wise investment.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-15-2015 at 11:32 PM..

Old 08-15-2015, 01:51 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,611,625 times
I agree with the above posts - it's generally a great town growing fast. The worst thing is the traffic, esp. if you live on the south side of town. There is lots of train traffic that runs parallel to US 80, and getting stuck for 5-10 minutes by a slow moving train is frustrating. On Saturdays the shopping areas around FM 548 and US 80 are extremely congested. The roadways seem to be poorly designed to handle the amount of development and resulting traffic.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:10 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
We have friends who bought in Heartland, right next door to Forney. Seems middle of nowhere honestly, but like others have said, the secret is out and Forney is growing fast. Supposedly the George Bush is going to pass through there, and there are plans for a big new mall. If all that does happen and that's a big if, then buying there now ahead of the curve would be a smart move. Like others have said though, the traffic concerns will only grow, but that's something shared by most if not all DFW suburbs right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas