Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:07 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Txman, it is not me and it is not that all people i meet like me, just basically in my neighborhood there are some people on my husbands job that i have met and they seem nice, but who knows my husband is their boss. I hope all works out i am not a quitter so i will definantly change my attitude and try to make the best out of this. I just should avoid the people in my neighborhood and when my children join activities be part and participate. Thank you for the comment. I am a very likeable person, i just had a very bad start here.
There is YOUR problem, "who knows my husband is their boss". If you are expecting people to treat you differently because your husband is the 'boss" at his work then there is a problem. LOL!!! You should meet some of my neighbors. Let's see, the one who teaches in a low income school because that is what she WANTS to do even though it means less parental support and it is totally up to her for any kind of holiday party for the kids, and her husband is the PRESIDENT of a VERY large corporation that if I said the name is recognizable all over the country - more like the world. She does NOT tell anyone what her husband does nor does she expect to be treated differently because of it. I have MANY neighbors that their spouse is the "boss", owner, president, CEO, CFO, etc and NONE of them go around bragging or expecting to be treated differently because of it. Stop expecting to be treated like the "bosses wife" by your neighbors. They don't work for your husband.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:13 AM

147 posts, read 240,976 times
Default Numbers don't add up

Most people in Dallas are transplants from somewhere else. I have to talk to new people from other areas because there are only 5 of us in the Dallas area who are from the Dallas area. There are no other Native Texans to be clickish with - just people from other states.

You just have to meet a different group. Good luck!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
why why started this thread

16 posts, read 194,036 times
thank you i havent heard of the PTA group i am a member of the PTA so i will have to ask them about that Thank you. If you know of anything else please inform me

Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 PM

702 posts, read 2,722,310 times
I'm a native Dallasite and I really don't like you! Do us all a favor and move... you will be happy and so will we!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Default Thread is Closed

I see that this thread is going downhill fast. Both sides have vented so thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas