Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:12 AM

4 posts, read 3,937 times

Advertisements

Thank you Naima that's what I wanted to know, the home owner experiences that is. We are aware that it does feed into Prosper ISD but thank you for mentioning that just in case. So here's to hoping all works out with Crown Ridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 12:34 AM

7 posts, read 5,856 times
Hi All, Lennar/Village Builder homes quality is not good as other builders and the location for hudson heights is pathetic.
1. Its on the highway, so lot of noise. AND RAIL. believe me house shakes.
2. Not good quality.. asking lot of money for cheap upgrades. Every thing included concept is to fool every one. If you want upgrades then price point touches to Other builders across the street.
3. Not diverse in terms of community. Only specific people are interested who wants to live around Mosque. I doubt on the resale because the community is not attractive to others except who want to live in the sandwich of Rail, Highway, Mosque.

4. other builder megatel is better but location is same as Lennar. small community between Rail and Highway.

I live in the same area and have been watching who is buying here and what are the problems and who is happy. Every one i have met wants to get out of the community.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:02 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,746,551 times
Which highway would that be? Plano Parkway or NorthStar/Los Rios?

And that mosque you keep referring to is NOT in the neighborhood. It's not even on one of the two "highways" you mention. Canyon Creek Presbyterian is actually far closer and within walking distance, unlike the mosque.

What I find odd is that you don't include the gun range in your trifecta of reasons not to move there.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:39 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscary View Post
Hi All, Lennar/Village Builder homes quality is not good as other builders and the location for hudson heights is pathetic.
1. Its on the highway, so lot of noise. AND RAIL. believe me house shakes.
2. Not good quality.. asking lot of money for cheap upgrades. Every thing included concept is to fool every one. If you want upgrades then price point touches to Other builders across the street.
3. Not diverse in terms of community. Only specific people are interested who wants to live around Mosque. I doubt on the resale because the community is not attractive to others except who want to live in the sandwich of Rail, Highway, Mosque.

4. other builder megatel is better but location is same as Lennar. small community between Rail and Highway.

I live in the same area and have been watching who is buying here and what are the problems and who is happy. Every one i have met wants to get out of the community.

1. There is noise, but everyone knows that going in. There is rail road tracks in phase 3 and 4, but not the first 2.
2. Thats subjective. Upgrades are about what all builders charge. The builder across the street is Grand, and if you think they are a good builder then I have a bridge to sell you. Grand includes nothing where Lennars are some of the best(FYI. Not saying Lennar is the best. Not even close).
3. The first 2 phase werent that diverse, but the 3rd phase is more diverse.
4. Megatel has a lot more issues then just about any other builder in DFW.

Funny. You have 2 posts, and both on this community. Hmmm. Someone has sour grapes..

FYI. I dont work for Lennar. Have in the past. Horrible place to work for sales people. Treat you like dirt.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:44 PM

Hi mikestrong,

I have thinking to buy around Lennar/megatel/grand and looking around it. still to get the grapes sour or sweet .

Looks like you work for lennar else why would you be interested to say all positives about lennar and diverse thing is absolutely wrong specially in phase 3. Do you live in any of their phases or near by? I have been living on rent in this area.. have talked to sales people and people who are looking for houses in these communities and could not get +ive response. Also the sales people gives the scary prices nothing close to their base price specifically lennar which says every thing included but adds prices for cheap upgrades. Megatel is better in terms of base prices and including upgrades but they might have another issues as you said.

This is true that i have post about only this community because i have been watching this community and around and wanted to give my thoughts. I am not an agent or Sales.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:48 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,174,648 times
I know someone from work who bought there and they like their subdivision, schools and location. I think their house was built by Megatel. Haven't heard any complaints.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:10 PM

I searched about megatel reviews, i could not find. megatel houses are looking better in terms of upgrades/fixtures but i did not like layouts. Almost all plans have low ceiling entry. I am curious to know why they are not able to sell and what are the problems. i have been watching for past 1.5 years and see only few Sold banners.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Hi mikestrong,

I have thinking to buy around Lennar/megatel/grand and looking around it. still to get the grapes sour or sweet .

Looks like you work for lennar else why would you be interested to say all positives about lennar and diverse thing is absolutely wrong specially in phase 3. Do you live in any of their phases or near by? I have been living on rent in this area.. have talked to sales people and people who are looking for houses in these communities and could not get +ive response. Also the sales people gives the scary prices nothing close to their base price specifically lennar which says every thing included but adds prices for cheap upgrades. Megatel is better in terms of base prices and including upgrades but they might have another issues as you said.

This is true that i have post about only this community because i have been watching this community and around and wanted to give my thoughts. I am not an agent or Sales.
I absolutely dont work there. Hate it. They beat down and mess over their sales people. I do know the sales person at Hudson Heights. He is a friend of mine for 15 years.

Most realtors will say dont buy Grand. Megatel loads their builders with too many homes. For instance, in my community in Mckinney, we have megatel,and Im friendly with their sales person. His builder has 3 communities to build in and and well over 30 homes under construction. It is next to impossible to have quality with that many homes for one person. The builder I work for wont allow our builders to carry more then 13 homes(give or take at a time) due to the fact quality goes down.
Just FYI.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I searched about megatel reviews, i could not find. megatel houses are looking better in terms of upgrades/fixtures but i did not like layouts. Almost all plans have low ceiling entry. I am curious to know why they are not able to sell and what are the problems. i have been watching for past 1.5 years and see only few Sold banners.
Google megatel homes complaints dallas. You will find them no problem. All builders have them so to say megatel doesnt is not true.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Which highway would that be? Plano Parkway or NorthStar/Los Rios?

And that mosque you keep referring to is NOT in the neighborhood. It's not even on one of the two "highways" you mention. Canyon Creek Presbyterian is actually far closer and within walking distance, unlike the mosque.

What I find odd is that you don't include the gun range in your trifecta of reasons not to move there.
Thanks for adding "Shooting Range". Plano pkwy is like highway....extremely busy and noisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas