Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:20 PM

12 posts, read 15,258 times

Advertisements

Hi, I torn my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament in knee) when playing. Orthopedist confirmed that from MRI report and my only option is to go for surgery so i can get back to my normal sports/workout routine.

I am not comfortable with first seen Orthopedist. So I am looking for the best Orthopedics Surgeon around Dallas area especially in North Dallas neighborhood like Addison/Plano etc. Hope i will find it here.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 AM

168 posts, read 273,261 times
I just had my ACL reconstructed 5 weeks ago. The surgery is pretty routine now, so I didn't do much research into doctors. It helped that I really like my ortho anyway. He is in McKinney, so a little further out than you are looking. Because I'm no longer in my 20s or 30s, he used a donor tendon as the results are virtually the same for folks over 40 and it is a quicker initial recovery.

Some people I know recommend Plano Orthopedic Sports Medicine. I went there once and didn't have a great experience, but it was just a personality thing with the doctor. They have a good reputation. This was one time I kind of wished I was still in Birmingham where I could have gone to the best knee surgeon in the country. He does all of the professional athletes including RG3.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:43 AM

73 posts, read 110,960 times
You could always try and find out who is gonna fix Orlando Scandrick's ACL, that'll obviously be a good one. Other than that, I don't have anything to offer. Good luck and hope you find one soon that can help ease the pain.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:55 AM

207 posts, read 273,714 times
I would recommend Dr. Kurt Rathjen

He is located out of Baylor in Downtown now.

He did my ACL reconstruction. He came highly recommended and it was a great experience from beginning to end.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:28 AM

14 posts, read 14,244 times
I don't have any recommendations, but would suggest you find someone that performs ACL reconstructions regularly, as I understand it to be a technically difficult surgery and precise placement of the new graft is critical to a good outcome. I personally know several people that ignored my advice and used surgeons that were not proficient in this surgery, and they ended up needing additional surgeries.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:08 PM

12 posts, read 15,258 times
Thanks for the response.
@Ganny61 - not sure how to check that.

@dch526 - he is not among my insurance's premium doc

@loveandcoffee - Hope fully Dan Cooper will fix Orlando Scandrick's ACL as he is the cowboys team orthopedic? Researched that after you posted that...

@bamaintex - who do you recommend in "Plano Orthopedic"? I read reviews that their staffs are not good and not good on follow ups..

Old 08-27-2015, 03:26 PM

168 posts, read 273,261 times
I don't know any of the doctors at POSM except the one I went to, and I would not recommend him. I'm quite surprised Scandrick isn't going to one of Andrew's offices in either Birmingham or Pensacola. He really does a large majority of knee surgeries for professional athletes.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:20 PM

94 posts, read 286,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dch526 View Post
I would recommend Dr. Kurt Rathjen

He is located out of Baylor in Downtown now.

He did my ACL reconstruction. He came highly recommended and it was a great experience from beginning to end.

I second Dr. Rathjen - he also did my knee (this was 14 years ago) and was highly recommended then as well.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:34 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,482,955 times
Have never been a patient, but the Carrell Clinic gets consistent superior reviews. Dr. Mueller is one of the Cowboys team physicians.

W.B. Carrell Memorial Clinic | The Carrell Clinic

Old 08-27-2015, 06:50 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,689,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Have never been a patient, but the Carrell Clinic gets consistent superior reviews. Dr. Mueller is one of the Cowboys team physicians.

W.B. Carrell Memorial Clinic | The Carrell Clinic

Dr. Worrell at Carrell Clinic did my husband's rotator cuff tear, and he did an amazing job! My parents have both had knee replacements done by other Carrell Clinic docs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas