Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 04:49 PM

287 posts, read 517,105 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if there is a volleyball club in/around Plano that is not FORCE, MadFrog, Premiere, or Victory for my 13U daughter who wants to transition from rec to club? She didn't make it onto the FORCE Elite league so I need a club that is above PSA competitive but not as good as this mentioned? We are sort of done with PSA.
Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 04:57 PM

63 posts, read 133,753 times
~Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney Area~

Arete’ Athletics VBC
ASA Club Max
Club Elements
Cottonwood Creek Sports Academy
Dallas Premier Mizuno
Evolution
Excel Volleyball
Frisco Flyers
Instinct VBC
Knights Volleyball Academy
Lone Star Volleyball Club
NRG VBC
Power VBC
Rally Volleyball Academy
Skyline Juniors
Slam Volleyball
Summit-Nitro Volleyball
Texas Titans VBC

Old 09-11-2015, 05:16 PM

19,777 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by europeanone View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a volleyball club in/around Plano that is not FORCE, MadFrog, Premiere, or Victory for my 13U daughter who wants to transition from rec to club? She didn't make it onto the FORCE Elite league so I need a club that is above PSA competitive but not as good as this mentioned? We are sort of done with PSA.
Thanks.
Skyline, which is a GREAT club, a top several clubs in the country level club, sometimes will sport 3 or 4 teams per age group until U17. The hard truth is if she didn't make Force Elite's top U13 she's probably not going to make a top 1, 2, or 3 team at most Plano clubs. That is tough to swallow but you've got to understand that making one of those clubs is equal to making a top club in LA or San Diego - even at 13 the competition is crazy tough.

Does either Premiere or Victory have a 2nd or 3rd U13 team that makes sense?

What position does you daughter play?

DM me some almsot-specifics, like roughly where you live and how far you are willing to travel and I'll help.......my daughter was a 4 time Junior Olympics/Nationals participant.

No matter what good luck and don't give up.

I'd call Skyline and ask if either Tricia Roos or Josh Krueter (SP?) from Bishop Lynch High School are coaching at Skyline this year.

Did U13 tryouts happen this past weekend?

Last edited by EDS_; 09-11-2015 at 05:25 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoTex View Post
~Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney Area~

Arete’ Athletics VBC
ASA Club Max
Club Elements
Cottonwood Creek Sports Academy
Dallas Premier Mizuno
Evolution
Excel Volleyball
Frisco Flyers
Instinct VBC
Knights Volleyball Academy
Lone Star Volleyball Club
NRG VBC
Power VBC
Rally Volleyball Academy
Skyline Juniors
Slam Volleyball
Summit-Nitro Volleyball
Texas Titans VBC

With respect you've listed everything from top several clubs in the country to bottom 5 clubs in the region on that list. Although after thinking about the OP's post that may make sense.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 PM

63 posts, read 133,753 times
Most of the clubs have both travelling and regional teams. If I were looking for a club that is the next
step up from rec leagues I would look at a local/regional team and then try to find more about who is
coaching that team. The top coaches of course will coach the most competitive teams...sometimes the
local/regional team coaches may have less experience or other qualities that make the season seem
really long....

Old 09-12-2015, 07:05 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,634,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The hard truth is if she didn't make Force Elite's top U13 she's probably not going to make a top 1, 2, or 3 team at most Plano clubs.

I'd call Skyline and ask if either Tricia Roos or Josh Krueter (SP?) from Bishop Lynch High School are coaching at Skyline this year.

Did U13 tryouts happen this past weekend?
I agree with EDS. The competition in the DFW area is fierce. I wouldn't say that Force is one of the more competitive clubs and 13s are probably one of the more competitive years. You can check out the teams on the NTR Volleyball site (North Texas Region) ntrvolleyball.net They changed the tryout process this year and from what I am hearing, most of the top 1-2 teams are already full at most clubs. (in the past, coaches could not make offers until tryouts but now, they can offer earlier) If your daughter is just stepping up from rec, a regional or local team may work. These are usually the 3rd or 4th teams per age group at a club and they don't travel outside of the region. I would recommend getting to as many pre-tryout clinics as you can this weekend. (they are posted by club website) Get out there and be seen - plus see what feels right for your family.

Good luck!

EDS - congrats on your daughter's achievements!

Josh Kreuter is coaching at Skyline again this year. He will coach 14-Black (2nd National team) I am not sure Coach Roos is coaching this year outside of BL.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:57 AM

287 posts, read 517,105 times
Thanks for all the replies. At FORCE for example there is only one regional team. They call it "select". There are 10 kids and no more than 10 kids are selected. So realistically, how many "open" spots are there if almost all of the 12Us are going to try out for the 13U slots? That's what we are running up against and it's really frustrating.

EDS - I sent you a DM.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifw View Post
I agree with EDS. The competition in the DFW area is fierce. I wouldn't say that Force is one of the more competitive clubs and 13s are probably one of the more competitive years. You can check out the teams on the NTR Volleyball site (North Texas Region) ntrvolleyball.net They changed the tryout process this year and from what I am hearing, most of the top 1-2 teams are already full at most clubs. (in the past, coaches could not make offers until tryouts but now, they can offer earlier) If your daughter is just stepping up from rec, a regional or local team may work. These are usually the 3rd or 4th teams per age group at a club and they don't travel outside of the region. I would recommend getting to as many pre-tryout clinics as you can this weekend. (they are posted by club website) Get out there and be seen - plus see what feels right for your family.

Good luck!

EDS - congrats on your daughter's achievements!

Josh Kreuter is coaching at Skyline again this year. He will coach 14-Black (2nd National team) I am not sure Coach Roos is coaching this year outside of BL.
I've always really liked Josh he's super coach and a nice young man.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by europeanone View Post
Thanks.
1. I'd send emails to all of the usual suspect clubs asking if the plan to have local teams at your daughter's age group this year - Skyline, TAV (although they younger kids may still practice in off of 360 south of the airport), MadFrog (MF used to field a lot of 13s and 14s teams), Summit, Premiere, Dallas Juniors, Victory, Excel etc.

Send an email via Bishop Lynch to Skyline Josh Krueter asking about local teams. At one time BL had their own local club season team but IIRC it was for 15-18yos.

Also contact whomever runs PE at your kids school and see if they have any ideas.

2. The coach from Austin College used to run a local club......IIRC they practiced in Allen.

3. I'd pick pre-tryout clinics from either Madfrog or Skyline, possibly some form each, and go to as many as possible between now and tryouts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas