Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:46 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,155,544 times

Advertisements

I'd probably look in Richardson now that I know she will work around 75. I did some searching and was surprised to see some houses around $200k there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 12:49 PM

6,255 posts, read 16,991,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
I'd probably look in Richardson now that I know she will work around 75. I did some searching and was surprised to see some houses around $200k there.
Ditto. Richardson will be your best bet with your budget.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:18 AM

3,810 posts, read 6,399,046 times
Don't listen to these snobs telling you there's nothing decent for under 300K. We live in a brand new subdivision where many of the homes are under 200K, and it's very nice. You may have to venture out a few miles like we did, but we found a nice semi-rural community with interstate access to DFW, and schools that are just fine. I do a 30 minute commute to the Wylie/Plano vicinity 3 times a week, and I take all back roads so it's a piece of cake. I've lived in Chicago, Atlanta & Houston, and the traffic here is a joke in comparison. We go to Dallas often for our daughters medical care. It's 30 miles from our house and we often make it downtown in 35-45 minutes during the peak of the morning rush. In one of those other 3 cities that drive would take 90 minutes to 2 hours minimum. This is coming from the eastern/northeastern side of the metroplex. The area north of Dallas up to McKinney is the worst of it as far a as congestion goes around here, so if you choose to settle along that stretch the prices will go up and the traffic will be worse, but it's certainly not your only option.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:07 AM

33 posts, read 40,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous121 View Post
Really, so under 200k we are looking at ghetto conditions? Its not even nearly that bad here. Can someone elaborate?
If you want to live near North Dallas it's ridiculously hard to snatch up even mediocre homes. We were looking in Carrolton at $220kish homes. They were built in the '70s, dated and around 1500 sq ft. On top of this, they were selling within a day of being listed! Several homes we inquired about didn't even last an afternoon on the market.

Outside of that area it's a little better, but DFW is booming. To give you an idea of the difference though, we ended up finding a place we love in North Arlington for $232k. 3100 sq ft, 4 BR, 3.5 Bath. North Dallas is a huge haul from the Mid Cities though. Looking at 45 to an hour with traffic.

As far as suburbs up there though, we love Addison and Frisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas