Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 PM

35 posts, read 106,709 times

Advertisements

And we have dogs. So a fenced in back yard is probably on our list too. Seems my list is growing isn't it.

We did looks at some houses in the University Hills area that were in our price range. They're between DFW and Love so that'd be nice for my wife. I'm a bit concerned about the posts I've read relating to Irving.

Additional comments and input gladly welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM

35 posts, read 106,709 times
And we have dogs. So a fenced in back yard is probably on our list too. Seems my list is growing isn't it.

We did looks at some houses in the University Hills area that were in our price range. They're between DFW and Love so that'd be nice for my wife. I'm a bit concerned about the posts I've read relating to Irving.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:16 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving South? View Post

University Hills in north Irving is a beautiful, safe and well-planned area... and definitely NOT your usual "cookie-cutter" neighborhood you'll find in most of the metroplex... that I believe you'll enjoy for years to come, within close proximity to every shopping, travel and recreational activity you may desire. Here is the link to the Las Colinas Association site... select the Village Association Info tab from the main site then by selecting University Hills Association you'll be able to view much more detailed info on the area.

The Las Colinas Association

I'm not sure what you've read that you're concerned about, so DM me for specific info as I'd be glad to address any concerns you may have.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 PM

264 posts, read 1,184,520 times
To the original poster: I would recommend the Oak Lawn area for walkability and character. Some parts of Lakewood would probably suit you as well. Possibly lower Greenville, too, but it's pretty rowdy with high traffic down there on the weekends. Highland Park is another option, but quite pricey.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM

264 posts, read 1,184,520 times
To Moving South: I would recommend Lake Highlands or Richardson for your criteria. If your wife flies out of DFW most of the time, you may want to check out Las Colinas or Coppell, or maybe even Grapevine? I'm not sure how long the commute to downtown is from there.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
I think the Whiterock lake area would fit the bill for you. I am not to sure about what the townhome market looks like around that area I will admit.

Reggie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas