U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 07:52 AM

7 posts, read 6,605 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,
My online reasearch is getting more confusing about which area & location is the best:
1.North Arlington near River Legacy Park or 2. South Arlington south of I-20??
I'm asking about schools, real estate market & friendly people living there.
Please give me your input
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 08:57 AM

110 posts, read 224,751 times
If schools are a major concern, stay in South Arlington in the Martin High School feeder system.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:23 PM

641 posts, read 608,374 times
Im interested in this question too. More specifically (area feeding to arlington hs vs martin hs vs lamar). I know martin is best but i wonder whats best between arlington and lamar.

OP: Avoid anything south of 20 and east of 157/cooper. Those schools are trash. Gangs, drugs, school fights

Old 10-12-2015, 07:12 PM

33 posts, read 32,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Im interested in this question too. More specifically (area feeding to arlington hs vs martin hs vs lamar). I know martin is best but i wonder whats best between arlington and lamar.

OP: Avoid anything south of 20 and east of 157/cooper. Those schools are trash. Gangs, drugs, school fights
I'd agree with this. We live off West of Lincoln and the neighborhoods here are great. Our house is amazing - and more house than we thought we could afford at 31.

However, the apartments East of here get a little shady and I can't wait to see them get torn down. I would definitely would never live east of Collins.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:28 AM

6,564 posts, read 5,386,693 times
I can't comment on the diff between the 2 inferior high schools. I would likely pick Lamar over Arlington simply because Lamar serves more affluent neighborhoods and unfortunately, higher income areas tend to have a parent community that stresses education more.

Just also keep in mind the proximity of some highly rated Charter schools near Narl. Summit, Harmony(in S. Euless) and Arlington Classics Academy are all well located for NARL.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 AM

6 posts, read 5,139 times
Default I may be too late...

I know I am likely too late but I would say go to the lamar area if you have a child in elementary or will have one, because of butler elementary. It gets very good test scores, to the point it has parents waiting outside sometimes a day before to do student sign up for kids that live out of district. If you live in district though you'll be all set, then theyd go to shackelford which is good(bailey would be better but thats in arlington area), and they just remodeled Lamar entirely so it has modern equipment and such. Good luck.
p.s., I agree with what has been said, be weary of parts of arlington east of cooper. Up by river legacy though by green oaks it is good until collins though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or