Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 04:33 PM

26 posts, read 38,289 times

Advertisements

Desirable neighborhoods around Carrollton, TX for families? Are there any "walkable" neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 04:35 PM

8,149 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Nothing really walkable to anything but Home Depot, etc.

Good neighborhoods tend to feed into Hebron HS or are in Castle Hills

Old 10-12-2015, 05:21 PM

247 posts, read 379,610 times
imo - the majority carrolton is pretty depressing for the under 250 budget from what i experienced in my house hunt last year, -that the north sides and castle hills areas are the nicer places.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:02 PM

233 posts, read 302,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieTheCat View Post
Desirable neighborhoods around Carrollton, TX for families? Are there any "walkable" neighborhoods?
Gates of Prestonwood, Diamond Creek and Creekside Estates are the nice ones that I know of and of course Castle Hills.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:55 AM

630 posts, read 657,756 times
In that area the nicest locations are Castle Hills and the neighborhoods by Plano parkway near Hebron high school and prestowood church.( Austin waters, Mustang Park etc). Walkability is zero. But there are lots of restaurants and shopping immediately adjacent in west Plano.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:50 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,090,334 times
From experience, I feel like all of Carrollton in Denton County is nice. As others have said, Dallas County is pretty "depressing" and a large part of it feels like run down, inner ring suburbs, particularly south of Trinity Mills. Walkable is most likely no. I live in "Timber Creek Estates" and I walk regularly to the local H-Mart, Walmart, their surrounding plazas which do offer some nice things as well as a Korean spa, and the local DART light rail station, from which I can go to Denton or Dallas.

The time, however, might be just a bit too much with it taking usually half an hour to an hour to reach any of those mentioned. It would not be too bad, but Texas summers are really not a time when you want to spend so long in the sun, although I know some people who are able to. Indian Creeks, adjacent to Timber Creek, is in the same situation and they both feed into a great elementary school, a mediocre to good middle school, and a good high school, the first and last being walkable (the middle school can be walked to but it is one and a half miles away).

Side note, I have heard that there is a part of Carrollton in Collin County but I have trouble ever finding it.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:29 PM

164 posts, read 252,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Side note, I have heard that there is a part of Carrollton in Collin County but I have trouble ever finding it.
It's a tiny slice of the city and its population is 0 but for some businesses. It's pretty much just the Southeast corner of Midway & Park and is roughly bound by Park on the North, Midway on the West, International Pkwy on the South, and Airpark Ln on the East.

Coming from a different state it's always interested me that a place like Carrollton can be relatively small yet exist within 3 separate counties.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:26 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
How has no one named The Homestead as a nice neighborhood? There is a lot to choose from in all different size homes and style of homes. Some are the colonial style and some are traditional with all brick. Some have smaller lots and others have larger lots. The community pool and park are awesome.

And with that in mind, how has no one mentioned Moore Farms on the other side of The Homestead, across from Castle Hills? Very nice larger homes, some "castle" homes.

Neither of these communities are near the railroad tracks that Carrollton is built around.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:18 AM

233 posts, read 302,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
How has no one named The Homestead as a nice neighborhood? There is a lot to choose from in all different size homes and style of homes. Some are the colonial style and some are traditional with all brick. Some have smaller lots and others have larger lots. The community pool and park are awesome.

And with that in mind, how has no one mentioned Moore Farms on the other side of The Homestead, across from Castle Hills? Very nice larger homes, some "castle" homes.

Neither of these communities are near the railroad tracks that Carrollton is built around.
Good ones. Moore Farms are really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: