Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 01:19 PM

203 posts, read 271,460 times

Advertisements

We need to get our pool re-plastered. We just bought the house in Sept. and was losing water every day. We had someone come in and they determined all the fittings were shot and the plaster basically needs to be done. When our maintenance guy comes to vacuum, bits of this black plaster come up more and more so the pool is basically seeping...ugh. I'm having a really hard time deciding between colors and finishes and it's so hard to tell from a tiny chip. I favor the darker colors but not totally black but there are so many choices. Some people love PebbleTec but I've heard their customer service is horrible and it's very rough. We also have Wet Edge samples in the Lunar (slightly textured) as well as the polished finishes (although, for our pool, the extra $1500-$2000 isn't worth the polished option because we may not have the pool for 15+ years). We've been leaning over the pool looking at all these samples and I'm so confused. I realize pool shape, depth and light all vary the color but I would like to see actual pools rather than a little sample
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 09:57 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
You may want to check out the American Institute of Architects home tour coming up this weekend-
AIA DALLAS TOUR OF HOMES

There are a few homes on the tour with pools and you can ask the hosts detailed questions about the finishes if you see something you like.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:10 PM

277 posts, read 678,585 times
Riverbend Sandler in Plano has a showroom with working pools on their premises with the different plaster choices. You should check them out.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:21 PM

500 posts, read 583,675 times
We have PebbleTec and I love it! After having the PebbleTec, I will not have anything else. It really is not hard on your feet, I actually like it better than plaster that is smooth, that seems to "burn" my feet and toes.
Our pool is 15 years old and no problems at all with the PebbleTec, I've not heard of any either from friends that have it as well.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:19 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,463,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
We have PebbleTec and I love it! After having the PebbleTec, I will not have anything else. It really is not hard on your feet, I actually like it better than plaster that is smooth, that seems to "burn" my feet and toes.
Our pool is 15 years old and no problems at all with the PebbleTec, I've not heard of any either from friends that have it as well.
My parents as well have something very similar to PebbleTec(might be PebbleTech) and love it. They are in the water almost every day, even during the winter months.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:35 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
I had pebbletec for my house in Florida and it was maintenance-free for the 7 years I lived there.
No complaints from me at all

Old 11-11-2015, 09:43 AM

203 posts, read 271,460 times
Thank you for the responses! I will check out Riverbend Sandler too!

Old 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM

92 posts, read 156,867 times
We got quartzscape and love it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas