Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 01:26 PM

8 posts, read 12,914 times

Advertisements

Hello

I urgently need a good home inspector who also perhaps offer termite inspection. Can anyone recommend a good inspector? This is for a home in Sachse.

Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 01:27 PM

262 posts, read 468,581 times
Sent you a DM

Old 11-24-2015, 06:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Only DMs, can't name inspectors on forum.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:47 PM

Thanks roseball for the link

any other names and contact info? please share via DMs people you have had experience with are completely satisfied? I'm also looking for a good termite inspector also. BTW, I'm not from TX. Is it a must to have a 6 year-old house in TX to have termite inspection done?

My situation is this, the house I'm interested in buying is 6 years old and already has pre-listing inspection done. The inspection report doesn't list any thing major, all minor stuff. I'm wondering how trust worthy the report is, knowing the seller paid someone to do it. I'm inclined to have it done again by someone I hire. I'd like to hear your opinions

I greatly appreciate any feedback, recommendations

Old 11-24-2015, 11:39 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex1 View Post
Thanks roseball for the link

any other names and contact info? please share via DMs people you have had experience with are completely satisfied? I'm also looking for a good termite inspector also. BTW, I'm not from TX. Is it a must to have a 6 year-old house in TX to have termite inspection done?

My situation is this, the house I'm interested in buying is 6 years old and already has pre-listing inspection done. The inspection report doesn't list any thing major, all minor stuff. I'm wondering how trust worthy the report is, knowing the seller paid someone to do it. I'm inclined to have it done again by someone I hire. I'd like to hear your opinions

I greatly appreciate any feedback, recommendations
You should definitely get your own inspection. As for the termite inspection, it is probably only necessary if the home inspector identifies some signs that termites might be possible, which is something a good inspector should mention. A typical sign to look for is if there are spots where the brick is less than a few inches above the soil line. That, along with any standing water areas around the foundation, are telltale signs. If you have these, you should get a termite inspection.

I am a real estate investor, which means I buy a lot of houses. Most of these houses are 30+ years old. I only get termite inspections if the home inspector sees signs that concern him.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:19 AM

254 posts, read 433,482 times
Sent you a DM and I bet Rosebill recommended the same guy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:02 AM

Thank you GRNDHOG

Old 12-06-2015, 09:14 AM

9 posts, read 12,747 times
Many lenders require wood-destroying insect inspections for homes upon resale.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:05 AM

283 posts, read 404,044 times
Can DM me the inspector names as well ? Thanks !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: