Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 16,072 times

Advertisements

My company is moving to the Arlington area. Any recommendations on places to love within 20-30 minutes would be great. Some of the areas we are considering are:

Flower Mound, Mansfield, Grand Prairie, Richland Hills, Cedar Hills, Euless, Bedford, Grapevine

Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 09:08 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
I would rank the cities you listed as follows based on my limited driving through and visiting them. 1 is best.

1. Flower Mound 2. Richland Hills 3. Euless 4. Bedford 5. Mansfield
Last Grand Prairie

Grapevine is great, new, and growing, but the traffic in many parts of it are horrendous. It is also close to DFW if you are flying in and out. Except for the traffic--especially around the new shopping areas--I would probably rate it first.

I don't really know Cedar Hills.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 16,072 times
The grapevine school district seems to be pretty good to from what I have read. Is there much difference in the housing market? My job would require me to fly a lot. Any issues with plane noise?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:55 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtotx View Post
My company is moving to the Arlington area. Any recommendations on places to love within 20-30 minutes would be great. Some of the areas we are considering are:

Flower Mound, Mansfield, Grand Prairie, Richland Hills, Cedar Hills, Euless, Bedford, Grapevine

Any help is appreciated!
I would definitely go to the ones I bolded before Arlington. Where in Arlington is your company relocating? That could be the difference from Mansfield, or Euless, Grapevine, and Flower Mound.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:00 PM

91 posts, read 408,747 times
My husband works in Arlington and we live in Trophy Club (114 west of Southlake) the commute is not bad because he is going against traffic. Living south and driving on 360 in the am takes forever. We lived in Arlington at The Towns of Riverside townhouses for a year while we decided where to live. Do you have kids? What kind of budget do you have? Do you like big cities or small communities? There is really something for everyone in the metroplex. Driving to the airport from Trophy club is a short drive down 114 and we hardly ever hit traffic unless it is am rush hour headed into dallas.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
Flower Mound to Arlington would be at least an hour drive. It's convenient to the airport but not to Arlington. From the places you mentioned, Grand Prairie, Mansfield and Cedar Hill are the closest. If you have to fly out of Lovefield airport, that would be very convenient too.

Yes Grapevine school district is very good. There is an older section of town that gets some airplane noise.

Depending on your housing budget and needs, I will be able to point you to the appropriate cities.

Naima

Old 02-03-2008, 12:26 AM

The commute is to the Six Flags area, so maybe a 45-minute drive.

The best choice would be Euless since it is REALLY close, and Euless is zoned to good schools.

Next is Grapevine, which is more expensive than Euless, but a really nice area. It is a destination city, so there is a lot of traffic there as people head to the Gaylord Texas, Grapevine Mills, and other shops around there.

Flower Mound is the most expensive of the three, the nicest of the three (to me, with the hills and trees), but has the longest commute.

You can find good schools in all three cities.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:45 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
What is wrong with Arlington? I mean, if your company is going to move to Arlington, why are you just considering surrounding areas? I live for a good many years in Arlington and there are plenty of nice neighborhoods, lots of shopping, lots of entertainment, convenient to the airport, etc. There are some very nice, well built homes in some areas that are considered quiet neighborhoods. I also like Pantego which has some nice areas. Traffic is a problem everwhere in the metroplex. The closer you can locate yourself to where you have to commute, the better off you'll be, in my opinion.

I would not want to live in Grand Prairie, but other than that, it pretty much looks like one big melting pot anyway. Most of the time you never know when you've left one city and entered another one unless you happened to see the sign.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Arlington is exactly like Grand Prairie. I live in Arlington, and the two blend in.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:26 PM

657 posts, read 2,545,344 times
I agree with Lonestar, south Arlington or Fort Worth near I-20. Otherwise the HEB area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas