Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 03:16 AM

111 posts, read 223,982 times

Advertisements

I presently have TXU energy and am moving to a different home in the DFW area and toying with the idea of switching energy companies.

It's just myself as I do not use a lot of electricity except in the summer when I have the ac on constantly, hahaha. Example in Oct I used 800 kWh and Nov. I only used 293 kWh.

I always see all these promotions of a lower rate, but would like to know if anyone has actual switched companies for better or worse.
Thoughts?, What to look for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 AM

244 posts, read 514,322 times
To be honest if you want the best rate you would need to constantly switch electricity providers to get the best promotion. The catch is you have to stay within the rate limits so for example if its 5 cents for 1000 KWh if you go over that 1000 the rate might jump to 10 cents. All energy company's are the same they just provide the billing for the power so when looking at them look at billing complaints. Oncor supplies the power so if you ever have an outage you will be calling them not the person that bills you.

Everyone uses Power To Choose | Home

Another Service that looks promising is Energy Ogre. https://www.energyogre.com/
They constantly look for the best rates and will notify you and if you agree they will switch you to the cheaper plan based on the savings that you might get. So they might sign you up for a 3 month plan during the summer that is super low and then a longer 6 month plan for when you don't use as much energy. Its $10 a month but the savings that they can give you might make it worth it.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:47 AM

631 posts, read 884,708 times
Also, check every company's "electricity facts label" on power to choose. It's rarely as simple as just seeing who has the lowest kWh rate, because they all have different rates at different tiers of usage, and some have credits or debits if you go over/stay under a certain threshold, or have a minimum amount of energy you'll get charged for no matter how much you use.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:36 AM

92 posts, read 143,517 times
This site promises savings... I've never used it, however.
https://currentchoice.com/Home/Servi...liaspath=/Home

Old 12-14-2015, 05:34 AM

5 posts, read 5,883 times
I'm currently looking at [url]www.electricchoice.com[/url] to see how I can lower my electric bill. So far it looks very promising, going to make some calls today.

Last edited by ccjsm0m; 12-14-2015 at 06:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas